Lipozene

Options
Has anyone tried Lipozene and had any type of results? I got the trial size and am still waiting for something to happen. Are there any similar fat-burning supplements that anyone has seen positive results with?

Replies

• WittneeT29
    WittneeT29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    All that Lipozene is is fiber. That is it. There is no magic fat burning quality to it. Supposedly the extra fiber will make you full. There are cheaper fiber supplements out there and better ways to stay full. Save your money on this one, it is ridiculous.

Looking at the list of ingredients, Lipozene seems like a sure bet. But there’s a catch.

There’s such a small dose of vitamins, green tea, and koala nut, that they’re hardly worth mentioning. The only active ingredient is glucomannan.

Glucomannan—a fiber supplement that curbs hunger by creating a false feeling of fullness—is a good ingredient, and common in diet supplements. But as the only active ingredient in Lipozene, it won’t have any more effect than adding the occasional prune or bran muffin to your diet.

Vladimir Vuksan, a professor of nutritional sciences at the University of Toronto, says you’d need 20-30 grams of glucomannan to lose significant weight. Lipozenene capsules have 750 mg each. You might lose about three pounds a month on Lipozenes.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about it, but had to tell you how much I LOVE your profile picture!!!
  • ladyball
    ladyball Posts: 2
    Options
    I am so glad you asked this question. I was thinking about trying it. Thanks to one person's answer....I think I will stick to what I am doing. Slower, but surer route!
  • ladyball
    ladyball Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks WittneeeT.......
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have heard that it is a gimmick. They were sued for making false claims. Probably too good to be true. I took a diet pill that the Dr. prescribed me a few years ago. I lost 30 pounds right off the bat. She took me off of it after 3 months due to that being the time limit for the drug. After stopping the drug I felt as if I had not eaten in years and put the weight back on immediately plus another 10. I am not ever going to mess with that crap again :(
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    All that Lipozene is is fiber. That is it. There is no magic fat burning quality to it. Supposedly the extra fiber will make you full. There are cheaper fiber supplements out there and better ways to stay full. Save your money on this one, it is ridiculous.

Looking at the list of ingredients, Lipozene seems like a sure bet. But there’s a catch.

There’s such a small dose of vitamins, green tea, and koala nut, that they’re hardly worth mentioning. The only active ingredient is glucomannan.

Glucomannan—a fiber supplement that curbs hunger by creating a false feeling of fullness—is a good ingredient, and common in diet supplements. But as the only active ingredient in Lipozene, it won’t have any more effect than adding the occasional prune or bran muffin to your diet.

Vladimir Vuksan, a professor of nutritional sciences at the University of Toronto, says you’d need 20-30 grams of glucomannan to lose significant weight. Lipozenene capsules have 750 mg each. You might lose about three pounds a month on Lipozenes.

^^^^^

I expect most OTC diet aids are about as effective as this!
  • lmclaine
    lmclaine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses!
  • GreeneyesBruhh
    Options
    Honestly im buying them friday my friend takes them and says there amazing! She lost weight several timea while taking this
  • treimnitz
    treimnitz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I tried it about a year ago and only got the jitters. I didn't loose anything. The only thing that worked for me was to count my calories and exercise.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Just watch calories and exercise... no magic pill needed.
  • msgabismit
    Options
    The one that I have seen work is Quick Trim (purple box by Kim Kardashian and them). My friend takes it according to the instructions, plus walks when she can (she has 4 small children), and she has lost a good 40 lbs. She's kept the weight off. She's Bosnian like I am and eats the fatty but yummy Bosnian food, so I know she doesn't eat healthy (with 4 kids and a husband, I'm amazed anyone can). I am thinking about trying that one and still keep exercising and eating right. That's the only one I've heard anything about. Just putting my 2 cents in. :)
  • I bought Lipozene from Walmart @ $19.95 but after I read the warning label I returned them unopened. I have acid reflux and have a hard time swallowing pills all the way down. Lipozene starts expanding on contact with water and will obstruct your airway if not fully swallowed. I'm glad I read the warning! I lost 18 lbs. since 5/23/12 just walking 30 min. (one mile) daily and eating at least 3-4 servings of fresh fruit & veggies daily. :wink:
  • mitsi94
    Options
    I've tried it. Didn't work for me. I agree that it doesn't seem to have any effective ingredients in it, so I wouldn't waste money on this again.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Instead of wasting your money on a pill, pick up some fresh veggies. Four servings a day or less will give you 40-50g of fiber and provide the same results without the ill effects.
  • anbovidge
    anbovidge Posts: 1
    Options
    It's not a magic pill but it definitely helps. The fiber in it makes you feel full and if you drink the 8 oz o water it tells you to, you eat half as much. I only take mine before dinner. It's not going to make you lose weight but it does help those of us with portion control problems.
  • jayda111781
    Options
    I've been taking it and it does definitely help u control portions. I have lost several pounds on it as well.