Neat ways to announce baby #2?

Options
MegSommer
MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
Ok, so my husband and I have not been actively "trying" for baby #2 but more leaving it to chance. Just wondering if anyone has a cute story of how you told your spouse/or you were told about a new arrival. :drinker:

Replies

• lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that at a family gathering when everyone takes a group photo together instead of saying "cheese" Make everyone say "(your name) is pregnant/having a baby/knocked up,ect." which ever you find works the best.
    I thought it was cute.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that at a family gathering when everyone takes a group photo together instead of saying "cheese" Make everyone say "(your name) is pregnant/having a baby/knocked up,ect." which ever you find works the best.
    I thought it was cute.

Haha!! That is awesome! :)
  • lexximan
    Options
    Oh that idea is also awesome because it gets everyones reactions on photograph and it would be awesome to but that in the babybook!
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My wife and I got our oldest daughter (who was like 18months at the time) a tee-shirt that said "I am going to be a big sister" and then went to a family gathering. It took half the day for someone to figure it out. Was pretty funny.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    This wasn't so great, but it was funny... My brother (#3 of 5) was feeling NO pain on his birthday during a family get together. He loudly announced (pointing at me) that I was going to be an uncle again. Everyone started laughing and calling him an idiot. He was very confused, and insisted that I was going to be an uncle again because his wife was pregnant with #2. I looked at him and stated that I would never be an uncle.... it took nearly 10 minutes of explanations for him to understand that I was a female, sister and an AUNT. The rest of the family has never let him forget it!
  • MegSommer
    Options
    This wasn't so great, but it was funny... My brother (#3 of 5) was feeling NO pain on his birthday during a family get together. He loudly announced (pointing at me) that I was going to be an uncle again. Everyone started laughing and calling him an idiot. He was very confused, and insisted that I was going to be an uncle again because his wife was pregnant with #2. I looked at him and stated that I would never be an uncle.... it took nearly 10 minutes of explanations for him to understand that I was a female, sister and an AUNT. The rest of the family has never let him forget it!

lol, ah gotta love drunken stupor!
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My nephew wore a shirt that said "Big Brother" to Thanksgiving last year. SIL is due in June.
  • SweetPea482
    SweetPea482 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    you could take a mini vacation to Michigan (where i live)... and do a photo shoot (at our photo studio)... with picture of the little man holding a sonogram... or do a chalkboard 3-step pic (ive seen really cute versions on pinterest)... and then I could design you a kick-ars announcement that you can mail out to everyone... :D

just sayin.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    from pintrest

oyv6V.jpg

IQpGs.jpg

oboJV.jpg
  • jupityjupe
    jupityjupe Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    my ex and i and carried my firstborn son over to my inlaws house, and my ex said, "the 4 of us just stopped by to say hi",

also, we were going to my other inlaws for mother's day and i made my son a t-shirt that said "big brother november 2002"....the only problem with that was that they lived about 2 hours away from us, and being pregnant i really had to go pee by the time we got there. but my mother in law did not understand the meaning of the t-shirt, even tho it was obvious to everybody else.......i stood there cross legged holding my son for what seemed like forever until i could not stand it anymore and then i excused myself and went to the bathroom...they told her when i was gone....she is a little dense lol
  • lexximan
    Options
    from pintrest

oyv6V.jpg

IQpGs.jpg

oboJV.jpg

Last one is awesome!!
  • MegSommer
    Options
    :o) All of these are awesome!!!!! Thanks guys!! I can't wait until i need to use one of these ideas!! <3
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has a cute story of how you told your spouse
    Am I reading this wrong, or did all of these answer a different question than you asked?
  • leighish
    leighish Posts: 15
    Options
    How I told my spouse was an email :laugh:
    He leaves for work so early in the morning that he wasn't home when I took the test. I believe the email went something like...

"OMG I TOOK A TEST AND IT WAS POSITIVE OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!"

Then when we announced it to the family when I had my first sonogram. "Want to see a picture of our kid?"
  • MegSommer
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has a cute story of how you told your spouse
    Am I reading this wrong, or did all of these answer a different question than you asked?

Yeah, it wasn't quite what i was asking...but still cute ideas that i could use :bigsmile:
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my husband and I have not been actively "trying" for baby #2 but more leaving it to chance. Just wondering if anyone has a cute story of how you told your spouse/or you were told about a new arrival. :drinker:

My daughter wore a shirt that said I am going to be a Big Sister :).