HELP!!! I'VE FALLEN AND CAN'T GET BACK ON!!!!

Options
The kids came home for the holiday weekend and I can't get back to my healthy eating habits!! Please, I need help!!!

Replies

• lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Only you can help yourself. The kids are gone- JUST DO IT!!!
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    *pulls back on the wagon*

The kids are gone, tomorrow's a new day.

You.Can.Do.This.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Take it one meal at a time. Make one healthy choice. See some chocolate cake left over? Don't eat it. Choose to drink water instead of a soda. Eat a vegetable. You can do it - just take each choice as it comes, and DON'T GIVE UP!!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    here..grab my hand. i'll help you climb back on.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Throw the candy out and the leftover creamy delightful things and just do it. Then go for a walk!
  • itsall4younow
    Options
    What's stopping you?

Start with your next bite of food. Make it count, and track it.

I know sometimes it's easier said then done. It's always easier to say tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes (in my experience).

Drink lots of water, focus on veggies, and track! Within a day you will feel better and it will all come back!

:smile: :smile: You got this!
  • claremillerphoto
    claremillerphoto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I need to start making healthy choices again not excuses!!
  • claremillerphoto
    claremillerphoto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great simple advice :-)
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    same here, we can do it!!!
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Throw out the candy. All of it. Grab some fruit and veggies and just start eating them. Next time you want something that's bad for you, do 20 jumping jacks and drink a glass of cold water. It helps!
  • Kudos7
    Kudos7 Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't worry about the occasional slip up. Try eating lean protein like chicken and turkey at every meal and maybe a fiber supplement once a day to prevent insulin spikes from those binges and be able to return to your regular meals.
  • 4boysbusymom
    Options
    I feel your despration, I feed my ill son 6 x day. He has to eat high calorie foods, that are covered in butter and oils. How easy it is to take a little of what he is eating. After gaining 15 lbs, it has to end! I have to use what little self control I have and stop eating his food and eat healty things instead. This change is very hard for me, but if I don't I know I will end up with diabeates soon. Good luck making your healthy change
  • mybeach27
    mybeach27 Posts: 243
    Options
    I jumped headfirst off the waging this weekend, and it has def been a shock going from all the ''good'' foods back to the GOOD foods but it feels soo much better a.d I have noticed a change in my attitude already, so it is worth it...u can do it too! Here, I will scoot over and u can come sit next to me on the healthwagon :) lol
  • WongoWoman
    Options
    Yes you can! Check out your past successful food days here and get back to it. Next time the kids come home, instead of catering to their eating habits, have them get to know your new healthy ones :)
  • mybeach27
    mybeach27 Posts: 243
    Options
    I jumped headfirst off the waging this weekend, and it has def been a shock going from all the ''good'' foods back to the GOOD foods but it feels soo much better a.d I have noticed a change in my attitude already, so it is worth it...u can do it too! Here, I will scoot over and u can come sit next to me on the healthwagon :) lol
    *wagon, not waging...
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    do these steps
    1. take a deep breath
    2. track your foods
    3. tack another deep breath
    4, go for a walk or some other exercise (remember to breath)

1 step at a time, you can do it :flowerforyou:
    ---
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough; we must do.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    We are still masters of our fate.
    We are still captains of our souls.
    Winston Churchill
  • arlysmaekuehn
    arlysmaekuehn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Every day, every hour, every moment can be a new start. If you weren't able to get back on track this morning there is still tomorrow, tonight or right now! Pick up a glass of water or a piece of fruit and start to change things. Plan your dinner and make it your healthy eating. Most importantly don't kick yourself - we all do it and i heard once... "It isn't about how many times you fall, it's about how many times you get up after you have fallen". Good Luck
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    CHOOSE to get back on. This is difficult. After a day of eating ham, and casseroles, and chocolate, and homemade breads, I felt like a complete pig (but enjoyed every second). Today, I only brought fruits & veggies & yogurt to the office. A friend offered me part of a Snickers bar - which I really REALLY wanted. I chose to say no, and ate my yogurt instead. Recognize any excuses you make today as excuses, and move on. And if you don't make it today, don't beat yourself up and try again tomorrow.
  • mandihdz
    mandihdz Posts: 19
    Options
    me three! yes it is easier said than done.....i've been eating bad for a week and a half still trying to find that motivation i had 3 weeks ago...so i understand your problem very well. let's just do this...one day at a time...one meal at a time.
  • Tamara_Lynn
    Options
    THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! I know it's one day at a time, one meal at a time, so on and so on, but It is so nice to hear it and get the help, I just wish you were all closer in proximity so that we could go for walks or even just "pop" in when we need to. I'm going to try harder!!