Is my calorie goal on track with my BMR and TDEE

Options
BMR-1440
TDEE-1725

I set my daily calorie goal at 1500.

Is that a good amount of calories to go with?

Replies

• jgainey1
    jgainey1 Posts: 19
    Options
    Bump!
  • jgainey1
    Options
    Anybody??
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    BMR-1440
    TDEE-1725

I set my daily calorie goal at 1500.

Is that a good amount of calories to go with?

Where did you get those figures from? does the TDEE include your exercise?

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • jgainey1
    Options
    Someone on another site calculated those #'s for me. Using the link you posted I got.....BMR-1425

Daily calorie-1816, for lightly active, or 1585 for sedentary. I'm working out at least 30 minits 5 days a week, walking, bicycling, or zumba (on the wii)

I'm so confused....lol
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    how long have you been working out? When did you start? have you lost any weight? I think 1600 is fine to start with and see how that goes....What do you do for work? How tall are you and how much do you want to lose?? 1440 seems low for BMR unless your short....
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amculver1
    amculver1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jgainey1
    Options
    Ha! I am very short....4'11".

I read it wrong on that link....BMR is 1425.

I don't work. I've been doing this for almost 3 weeks, and have lost 5 lbs, which is good. I curently weigh 149 and my goal is 125.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Someone on another site calculated those #'s for me. Using the link you posted I got.....

BMR-1816, for lightly active, or 1585 for sedentary. I'm working out at least 30 minits 5 days a week, walking, bicycling, or zumba (on the wii)

I'm so confused....lol

it is confusing, no doubt! kudos to you for looking up your BMR and TDEE figures from a decent site. MFP also has a BMR calculator in the TOOLS section.

I'd say eat your BMR calories when you are exercising..ie. mfp's calorie suggestion and whatever exercise calories to make up your BMR and see how you go from there.

When not working out, eat around 1,500 and see how that goes..eat more as required, but try to at least eat half your exercise calories and see if you need to increase or decrease the amount depending on how much weight you want to lose ( and how quickly)
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    if it aint broke dont fix it
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    If you have lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks thats great. Just keep doing what your doing.
  • jgainey1
    Options
    Thanks!