Annoying food!

Options
Picola1984
Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
Ok I have a short fuse and get irritated way too easily. Easy enough that even food annoys me sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I love food...mmm, but sometimes in food preparation I feel close to turning green and toppling the fridge

For example:

-Mushrooms that don't peel well. ARGH!!! Y U NO make my life easy!

-Fruit that refuses to ripen: whether its been in the bowl, in front of the window or down my pants... its still rock hard!! (The latter is not entirely true)

I'm sure there is many more annoyances that raise my blood pressure but I would like to here if other MFP folk also get angry with food!

Replies

• Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Within 5 minutes in the kitchen thinking of what to prepare..and ALL 5 of my family members decide to congregate within a foot away from me..(surrounding my like a bunch of wolves..).and my kitchen is pretty large...they are all hungry and all of them ask within a minute..what's to eat...:grumble:

Lmao..I have a hubby, 3 teens (2 boys & a girl), and a 5 yr old lil boy...I think 5 of them would know how to grab a snack and leave me the heck alone till I can figure it out..eeks!! Sometimes I just wanna go She-hulk :explode: on them bahaha!! At least my lil one is understandable..in fact he will just go grab a snack in the drawer..till I'm ready...lol! :laugh:
  • OneChanceOneLife
    OneChanceOneLife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ok I have a short fuse and get irritated way too easily. Easy enough that even food annoys me sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I love food...mmm, but sometimes in food preparation I feel close to turning green and toppling the fridge

For example:

-Mushrooms that don't peel well. ARGH!!! Y U NO make my life easy!

-Fruit that refuses to ripen: whether its been in the bowl, in front of the window or down my pants... its still rock hard!! (The latter is not entirely true)

I'm sure there is many more annoyances that raise my blood pressure but I would like to here if other MFP folk also get angry with food!

Your first issue is that you are probably putting bananas in your pants, which means they will always be rock hard...

I do get mad when I make a salad enough to last me 2 or 3 days but sometimes the lettuce and tomatoes are bad the next day. No idea why it happens sometimes and other times I forget I did this and I check on it almost a week later and it still looks good.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    OMG hard boiled eggs where the shell wont peel properly. Grrrrrr :grumble:
  • Picola1984
    Options
    OMG hard boiled eggs where the shell wont peel properly. Grrrrrr :grumble:

Ooo! Tip: Roll them on a hard surface, I usually do this and it kinda works

On eggs: dropping the yolk into the whites! Argh! i did this with what was meant to be protein fluff tonight
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try it next time. :flowerforyou:
  • OneChanceOneLife
    Options
    Protein shakes that get clumps in them even if you shake it for 15 minutes straight like you are trying to beat an imaginary person over the head with all of your fury or stir it in a glass until your arms feels like it is going to fall off.

Btw, I've tried the hard boil egg trick and it works just as often as it normally would when I try to peel one. Not sure if it is just me or if that goes for everyone.
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Onions are the worst, I literally cannot cut them because I start crying immediately!
  • Picola1984
    Options
    Onions are the worst, I literally cannot cut them because I start crying immediately!

I was planning to invent, and become mega rich, onion goggles.

They already exist :frown:
  • KatyBugs1724
    Options
    I refuse to make anything with fresh onion in it just because of this!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the grocery store and I will molest the avocados so I can find 'the perfect one'

THEN when I get home and slice it open, half of it is all brown from the INSIDE (like closest to the pit) and it's all gross and slimy. :mad:

I can't stand the smell of bananas, or the sight of people eating them...blech.
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the grocery store and I will molest the avocados so I can find 'the perfect one'

THEN when I get home and slice it open, half of it is all brown from the INSIDE (like closest to the pit) and it's all gross and slimy. :mad:

I HATE bananas too! they smell (and taste) horrbile
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    boneless fish with bones - turns me right off.

And the egg thing! I get that when I leave them in the water too long cooling. I hate peeling them when the whites go all rubbery and then you've finally done it, chomp down into one and get shell. - Turns me right off as well.

Hummus that someone has left out and has gained a skin making it repulsive to me :-(

Brown lettuce leaves

The way asparagus is soooo tasty but makes your pee smell foul!
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    On the egg issue.. I have been complaing for ages.. my mom finally shared a trick that SO FAR has been working!

Add a pinch or two of salt to the water while boiling. I don't know why it works but the shells don't tend to stick to the egg!

I hate it when "Mom was right again" LOL
  • OneChanceOneLife
    Options

I HATE bananas too! they smell (and taste) horrbile

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! Bananas are my favorite. I literally have one every single day. I can't live without them!

As for the onions I enjoy the challenge of trying to cut as many as possible without tearing up, haha.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options

It REALLY does help to light a candle right by where you're cutting fresh onions...also when they're in season "10/15" onions are almost tear free!