Scale says weight gain but measurements say a loss

Options
Is this common? I started doing 2 different dvds at home last week. I reached my goal around September last year but have gained 14 lbs back :( My dr wants me to get back where I was as my bmi was healthier then. (I was pre diabetic)

Any advice would be great!

Replies

• CARRERACFT
    Options
    As you probably know, muscle tissue is more dense than fat, and therefore weighs more for the same volume of tissue. In other words, you may fit into the same clothing you once wore before losing body fat, but you actually WEIGH more! Just keep moving forward and listen to your physician"s advice. Here's to your continued success!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Who cares what you weigh? If you've reduced body fat and gained lean mass, you are going in the right direction! good for you. Throw away the scale. No really. Like now. Really. Lose it! :flowerforyou:
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have not weighed since I hit my goal weight. I started lifting heavy weights and my body is starting to look amazing. I coudn't care less what I weigh, I really see a difference in my muscle tone and overall look of fitness.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I have not weighed since I hit my goal weight. I started lifting heavy weights and my body is starting to look amazing. I coudn't care less what I weigh, I really see a difference in my muscle tone and overall look of fitness.

Woohoo! YEAH! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
  • kristinaruss
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive feed back! :-)
  • alanalove
    Options
    BMI isnt a real accurate way to judge your health and its pretty lousey your doc is using that since it has so many factors that can change the number.. My partner 's BMI classes him as obese but he definitely isnt since he does body building! As others have said if you have more lean muscle and your fat % is in a healthy range then who cares what the scales say!!
  • kristinaruss
    Options
    My hubby told me this morning as well to stop getting on the scale. I guess its more of a habit than anything. I am going to avoid the scale for awhile and see what happens :) Thanks!
  • yamahakazy
    Options
    muscle is heaver then fat you might be gaining more muscle from burning fat.