Exercise ideas for people with knee/ankle problems

Options
Hello there =)
I'd like to know whether any of you might have some exercise ideas for me?
My problem is that I am going to have another knee surgery quite soon and I'd like to avoid gaining weight, unlike after the first two...Moreover, I already know that after my knee is better, I'll have to undergo surgery on my ankle too.
I'd be very happy to get some good ideas, that would enable me to (hopefully) lose some weight without hurting my knee/ankle further.
Thank you! =)

Replies

• sassyt1206
    Options
    WATER AEROBICS..MY AUNT HAD 2 KNEE REPLACEMENTS AND THIS IS WHAT SHE DOES FOR EXCERCISE...
  • thebigman19
    Options
    you can always swim. i have problems with my knees and swimming never bugs me. other then that i have done a flat crawl like ( army style) around you can work up a sweat easy, but looks kinda funny if someone catches you :-) good luck.
  • MontgomeryRats
    Options
    Despite being created for "seniors", the Sit and Be Fit series (http://www.sitandbefit.org/) is also useful for anyone who has difficulty standing while exercising. I've purchased tapes for friends who due to recent surgery can't continue their exercises of choice.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    pilates reclining positions, arm weights, push ups, sit ups / ab exercises, hula hooping (with regular or weighted hoops)?
  • Kimberleycommonname
    Kimberleycommonname Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    swimming and cycling (maybe, depending on how bad your ankle is)
  • beethovy
    beethovy Posts: 1
    Options
    Go swimming. I have had 2 knee replacements this past year, and swim 3x per week - also running in the water is excellent for hips, buttocks, and general conditioning. enjoy.