Tuna Ideas!

Options
What's some good things to do with tuna? I usually eat it straight out the can but what are some things I can add to it in order to make it a balanced meal?

Replies

• Sleekit
    Sleekit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Try getting a tuna steak! You don't always have to have the canned version. I like adding it to salads as a protein bumper. I am interested to see what other people do though!
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My husband mixes it with salsa and eats it like that. Add fresh veggies and a yogurt or some cheese. I like making Tuna Melts. Heat tuna mixed with a little miracle whip in microwave. Spread on toasted english muffin, add a slice of cheddar cheese and broil till melted or re microwave til cheese is melted. This can be under 300 or so calories.
  • Sleekit
    Sleekit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MAKING TUNA MELTS!
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    tuna and tofu patties
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I make an old fashioned tuna salad

Pouch of Starkist Chunk Light in water (smaller pouch)
    One tbl of Hellmans Light Mayo
    Hardboiled egg, chopped
    Onion, chopped
    celery, chopped
    black pepper, small amt of garlic powder, little sprinkle of old bay seasoning

Having this today as a lunch on 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread, open faced

When I'm wanting to go lower on the carb side of things, I'll make a green salad and put the tuna salad on the lettuce drizzled with some balsamic vinegar and small amt of olive oil.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I like to put it in my salad.

Romaine Lettuce
    Red Onion
    Tomato
    Cucumber
    Brocolli
    Cauliflower
    Chia Seeds
    Carrot slivers
    Radishes (if I have them)
    Can of Tuna
    Some home made sugar-free thousand island dressing.

One of the best salads on earth to eat and very filling
  • badmediakarma
    Options
    Just ate some white albacore with spicy mustard on top of black pepper/olive oil Triscuits. Yummy!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I do tuna melts. I'll usually make my tuna with sweet relish, mustard, little mayonnaise, and some vinegar, then put it with bread and some cheddar cheese, grill it, and add some soup, like tomato. Or sometimes I'll just do the tuna with crackers and cheese, which is pretty tasty, too.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I put tuna in my omelettes. It sounds gross, but it's SO GOOD. I also make my own tuna salad with veggies and all that good stuff but instead of mayo I use ranch. It has so much more flavor, and it's also good with sweet relish! :) I've put it on salads before as well.
  • KitchenCourses
    Options
    I like it on sandwiches, but also like to use it as a spread for crackers and veggie sticks. Tuna is also really good with a raw tomato sauce over pasta.