Has Anyone Done "The 30 day diabetes cure"?

Options
I'm not currently diabetic but I have very high cholesterol, high blood pressure, need to lose at least 85 pounds, have bad reflux, rapid heart rate and so on. My Mom is a Type-2 diabetic due to obesity and since starting this program she is off all insulin and now has low cholesterol and is steadily losing weight.

She's highly suggesting this to me and I'm researching it right now and was just wondering if anyone here has tried it.

Thanks!

Replies

• Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    No, I never tried it, but am interested in reading more about it.
  • daughter_of_a_hungry_ghost
    Options
    I have type 1 diabetes but I know that your always suppose to use insulin no matter what! My dad has type 2 diabetes and if he doesn't take his insulin then all kinds of things happen. You should always take your insulin. If you need to lose weight and have a lower cholesterol then go see a doctor. Not taking insulin will do alot of damage to the body. Ketoacidosis is one problem you can have and nobody wants that!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    The title should say it all. There is NO CURE for diabetes. You can delay it, you can minimize it, you can reduces problems from it, but you're never cured from it.
    Losing weight and getting in daily physical activity greatly reduces risk of diabetes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Didnl't know what it was so I just did some research. looks to me like it is a raw/clean diet. I think you could do that on your own. as for curing diatetes, I have been told type 2 can be reversed. as for changing meds or insulin I would only do so with Dr. supervision and frequent labs. I have been eating primarily "clean diet" no preservatives, no artificial sugars, no art. flavors, no processed foods for a month and I have lowered my blood sugars drasticaly but I am still taking my insulin and reducing them while working with my DR. I would not do anything without Dr. supervision.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Never tried it but now I am curious about it and will do it
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have type 1 diabetes but I know that your always suppose to use insulin no matter what! My dad has type 2 diabetes and if he doesn't take his insulin then all kinds of things happen. You should always take your insulin. If you need to lose weight and have a lower cholesterol then go see a doctor. Not taking insulin will do alot of damage to the body. Ketoacidosis is one problem you can have and nobody wants that!

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant she's off the insulin on doctors orders, not her own!
  • skphi1
    skphi1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are different. Type 1 has no beta cells to create insulin and onset is always with the young. Therefore you always need insulin. Type 2 is due to obesity or lifestyle which make the beta cells ineffective. They usually diet control or with oral tablets and sometimes insulin. Thus with exercise and weigh loss, these cells will be able to make insulin again. Only Type 1 will cause ketoacidosis or DKA.
  • clemsontiger78
    clemsontiger78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just someone from the other side...my boss tried this process and messed up her body so badly that she wound up in the hospital. Her metabolism, blood sugar (obviously), electrolytes and just about everything else were completely thrown out of balance. She survived, but had to retire early (just this year) I am sure that there are success stories, but this is the only anecdotal data that I have.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    The title should say it all. There is NO CURE for diabetes. You can delay it, you can minimize it, you can reduces problems from it, but you're never cured from it.
    Losing weight and getting in daily physical activity greatly reduces risk of diabetes.

IDEA Fitness member

Could not have said it better myself..... Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic in 2009 with A1c of 10.0 and now down 305 lbs. I am Managing my diabetes with A1c of 5.3...... I will always be a diabetic but I will do my best to manage it the best I can with diet and exercise......
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    Well my wife has the type 2. She found out years ago and started exercising and changing her life then. She is currently still taking metformin but in a very low dose. She has to cut the smallest pill they make in half. She was on 2 pills a day. Her doctor has told her that is at a non diabetic level. As to cure it totally will have to let you know at a later time.
  • mochomito
    mochomito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • xafricanqueen07x
    xafricanqueen07x Posts: 98 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I have to say that I beg to differ. I had flatbush diabetes (type 1.5) was 330, and was giving myself 4 insulin injections a day. After 7 months of heaving exercising and dieting and 100 lbs lost, my diabetes is in remission and GONE. And DIABETES RUNS IN MY FAMILY. My a1c is normal, I eat WHATEVER I WANT, the only difference now is that working out is my insulin..
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Only Type 1 will cause ketoacidosis or DKA.

Was with ya for almost all your great information til:
    Ketoacidosis may happen to anyone with diabetes, though it is rare in people with type 2. Some older people with type 2 diabetes may experience a different serious condition called hyperosmolar nonketotic coma (hi-per-oz-MOE-lar non- key-TOT-ick KO-ma) in which the body tries to get rid of excess sugar by passing it into the urine.

Copied from the American Diabeties Association and the fact I am a PWDII and when diagnosed had a high Ketoacidosis number.
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Your Diabetes will NEVER be gone. I was on 3 Diabeta and 4 Metformin. Now that I have lost 80+ lbs and off all my diabetic meds. However saying that. If I do fall off the wagon and pig out and eat a lot of sweets my sugar will go up fast. I try not to do this often, infact very seldom.
    But once a diabetic always a diabetic. You might have it under control if you exercise and eat right, but it doesn't take much to put it over the top.

So be careful. I have been diabetic for over 30 years. My eyes are not 100% any more because of it. There is NO cure. I am type 2 Diabetic.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I have to say that I beg to differ. I had flatbush diabetes (type 1.5) was 330, and was giving myself 4 insulin injections a day. After 7 months of heaving exercising and dieting and 100 lbs lost, my diabetes is in remission and GONE. And DIABETES RUNS IN MY FAMILY. My a1c is normal, I eat WHATEVER I WANT, the only difference now is that working out is my insulin..
    Then submit yourself to the AMA and show them that you're cured because it would be a breakthrough in science. Remission doesn't mean you're cured, it means it's in remission. It has a chance to return so you're not cured. I don't say this, it's in medical science clinical research conclusion.

IDEA Fitness member