eating organic?

Options
mc322011
mc322011 Posts: 36 Member
how many of you are eating organic? are you buying everything organic?

Replies

• PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I only eat organic dairy.

I try to at least get pesticide free on stuff like Spinach, Kale, tomato, and other veggies where I eat the outside

I eat minimally processed everything. I will not eat things with added chemicals. I don't add sugar to anything. I eat no high fructose corn syrup. I eat absolutely ZERO artifical sweetners.

I do not waste money on organic foods where I don't eat the outside, i.e. bananas.
  • KitchenCourses
    Options
    I am slowly transitioning to eating more organic, but not all. I'd say I'm about 50/50 with produce and only do organic with eggs, in terms of dairy right now (I drink coconut milk instead of regular milk). I'm also eating wheat-free at the moment, but my husband insists on organic bread.

If you're going that route due to pesticides, have you heard of the "Dirty Dozen"? The 12 items of produce that are most and least contaminated with pesticies: http://www.organic.org/articles/showarticle/article-214
  • Actually_Mike
    Actually_Mike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm working on going all organic as well! I find that rather than purchasing organic foods at the grocery store, it's much much cheaper to go to a farmer's market!
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    With today's food supply I don't see the point of eating organic. Normally grown food vs organically grown food gap has come to almost even. Now if you know a farmer and go to farmers market then maybe that could be a better option but for the most part I am keeping my hard earned money and spending it on normal foods.
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    to be honest I only eat organic if I am lucky enough to find it like, really cheap at the grocery store one random day. I stick to soy products though as an alternative to dairy
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I buy organic fruits, vegetables, milk and peanut butter. The fruits especially because I do alot of raw juicing. (The fruits that have outside skins, i.e. oranges, bananas, lemons, limes, etc do not have to be organic for me since the outside is discarded).
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I eat all meat and eggs organic or kosher. They just had on the news that amonia is being found in chicken and turkey meat. they spray them with amonia so they dont get sick..
    I also buy as much fruits and veggies organic as i can..
    if i cant afford the meat at the time i dont eat it.. i have done alot of reading on this and i just wont eat it unless its organic.

I have also been reading about gentically modified foods.. its pretty scarry that most of our food has been changed in one way or another..
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Read this article and tell me you still want to eat regular chicken!

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/chicken-industry.aspx