quick water weight loss??

Options
Hello all!

So in two weeks I have an important event, and Id like to look my best. Does anyone know of a way to quickly lose some water weight? I eat a lot of dairy and i heard somewhere that eliminating this temporarily could help water weight drop off...But I'm not sure!!! Any suggestions will be much appreciated :)

Oh and while I'm making a topic, does anyone know of a good healthy way to fast? I've always wanted to try but I want something healthy and doable (not cayenne pepper in water or whatever the **** is beyonce does ahaha)

thanksss :D

Replies

• michelleedgett
    Options
    Drink ALOT of water....I know it sounds backwards , but you will be flushing out all the garbage AND excess water ....(warning ...you will pee alot) I am also taking Acai berry cleanser and I peed 23 times in 1 DAY!!!!! You will lose weight!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Cut out your carbs. You lose water weight fast doing that
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and asparagus! I put my fresh asparagus in a little bit of water in the microwave for 30 seconds....YUM!
  • dokihara
    dokihara Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    cut carbs, cut sodium, sit in a sauna
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting can be super effective. If you can fast for 24-36 hours at a time, and do that a few times before your event it can totally pay off. It's not the best way to lose weight long-term, but it can definitely work if you need that little extra push.

Intermittent fasting can be super good for you - when you eat, about 80% of your body's energy focuses on digestion. So, if you have a wound, for example, fasting will force your body's energy to focus in on healing instead of digesting. There's a lot written about the positive health effects of this sort of practice, and for the most part it seems to increase life longevity and long-term health. People who fast regularly once a week (for religious purposes, for instance) tend to have fewer health problems.

Fascinating stuff! If I could, I'd do it more often.
  • agriffitts85
    agriffitts85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    mega t green tea water pills work pretty good as well
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and asparagus! I put my fresh asparagus in a little bit of water in the microwave for 30 seconds....YUM!

I can't imagine peeing a lot and the side effect of asparagus...eww (at least for some)

I'm curious, maybe increase potassium intake? Just a thought.

When I had to do a 24 hour fast, I just ate jello. Didn't even get hungry.
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    when you fast you still drink water right?
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    when you fast you still drink water right?

TONS of it! In fact, the monks used to fast but drink beer too. So, depending on your thought process... :wink:
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    lots of water and veggies. Lay off sodium and avoid carbs.