is it possible to lose 5 pounds in 2 weeks?

Options
:love: has anyone here lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks? I really need to fit into my wedding dress.... yes, I am getting married and so excited .. i've been thinking of eating low carb and high protein along with cardio 4 times a week.. has anyone had success in doing so?

Replies

• chnkytim42
    chnkytim42 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    yup it's posible, if your starting out, it is pretty easy depending on your body. if the only thing you want to lose it for is the dress, you could do anything to fit into it, but if you plan on makin this a step torwards being healthy for life, then do it the right way. but like i said if your just starting out, it should be easy, because you will drop water weight in the beginning
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    if the goal is just to fit in the dress you can most likely drop it in water weight and clean eating unitl the wedding. in general however it is not good to drop 5 pounds in 2 weeks, it will likely come back. stay on track with watching your calories in and out.
  • NetteH13
    NetteH13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, I think this may vary for different types of people. For me, the answer is yes. When I started my diet (1200 calories a day, high protein, almost no sugar, ONLY water for drinking, and eating no later than 8:30 to 9) I dropped 5lbs per week for the 1st two weeks. To be as polite as possible, from the looks of your picture, you don't seem heavy, so it may not be the same for you, but it is absolutely possible.