How do you keep motivated over the weekend?

Options
Hi! I'm only a few weeks into this journey on MFP, but I'm having a hard time staying motivated during weekends. I have a pretty good food & exercise routine M-F, but I can blow it pretty well on the weekend without even trying. Any tips for how to stay on track over the weekend? Thanks!

Replies

• Teapotdomescam
    Options
    Do you have a workout buddy?
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just keep thinking I dont want to ruin what I started and in the beginning I thought to myself "you only just started, give it time :)

Good luck!
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I use to have this problem until I switched my workout routine (or days) to include the weekend. Since then I've been on point with my exercise and diet.
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    My weekend is my longer workout days. I would sometimes do outdoor stuff for an afternoon. Activities keep me distracted from eating and getting bored.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I think it is just about making a plan and sticking to it.
    I like to relax on the weekends so I usually plan to go over my calories, but I plan by a certain amount. So I will say, ok I can go over today by 500 and no more! It gives me room to relax without going completely over board. However, I also feel like I have earned that. I have been on MFP for over a year and have been maintaining my weight well for a few months now.