Anyone do a 7 Day Calorie Cycle (Zig-Zag)?

Options
I just discovered the 7 day calorie cycle.
Here's how it works:

1) Establish your weight loss calorie intake. Mine is 1500 calories daily.

2) On 3 days I am allowed the 1500. On 2 days I am restricted below that, in my case: 1350.
On 2 days I am allowed over that amount: Mine = 1800.

Here is the calculator to figure out your "zig-zag" calories:
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Why I think this would work for a guy like me (and maybe for you also):
I tend to have binge days. My mind get's funky on me and I tend to binge ALL OUT on those days.
If I am allowed two 1800 calorie days, I may be able to regulate my binges somewhat. In other words, instead of thinking: Oh, I've blown it, might as well pig out, I might think: Oh, so today is my 1800 calorie day I see...

There are also some pretty intense work out days in which it feels like eating my calories back still isn't enough.
Those 1800 calorie days might also be my heavy work out days.

Also, there are days when I'm just not that hungry. So 1350 calories doesn't seem unreasonable.

Any thoughts? Anyone ever tried a "Zig-Zag? Any advise, experiences? Thanks.

Replies

• chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    It's calorie cycling. Try a search. It's come up a lot.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've just started doing this too, but it's too soon to know if it will have good results. My thinking was a lot like yours, but also I know that some days I overeat, and I'll lose weight the next day, then other times I do great, stick to my calories, and nothing for weeks. Hoping that the calorie cycling will help jolt my body into losing weight again.

Good luck to you!
  • Tubby2Toned
    Tubby2Toned Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I guess the thinking is that I'm basically allowed 10,500 calories a week. I might as well eat them in a way that is most conducive to my lifestyle..if that makes sense. Not necessarily exactly 1500 a day...