what is your favorite workout video? Looking to switch it up

Options
I don't mind working out at home, in fact I kind of like it and it works well with my schedule. I would, however, like to find quite a few different videos to keep it from getting boring. I currently use Firm, JM, and on demand kickboxing. Looking for some new ones. I'd love to try P90X but truthfully I'm afraid I'm not ready for that just yet. Suggestions? I also have a treadmill and am doing the C25K.

Replies

• earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Everyone is afraid of P90X at first - don't be. After the first week, it just starts to work and you can modify it all you want. In every video there are a mix of actors, some doing it hard, some modifying it and you're shown all the different techniques, from easy to hard.
  • tiffylc37
    tiffylc37 Posts: 29
    Options
    I was too but p90x is great! You get better and better each time. and if you just get overwelmed and arent ready for something, just jog in place... it is all about the effort, try and keep trying.. Not as scary as you would think I have been having fun and even they make light of it on the dvds.
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    30Day Shred by Jillian Michaels or her No More Trouble Zones. Sometimes I'm too lazy to go to the gym so these videos rally help me get my heart rate up and blast calories
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Its not a video but BodyRock, all the workouts are on youtube and there are LOADS to choose from - only 12 minutes at the most too which is great :)
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Get Billy Blanks' TAE BO BASICS!!!! It's an incredible workout and is just about 25 min. long. I found a copy at the thrift store for 49 cents, but I know you can buy them online (my friend and little brother just did)!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I currently do Insanity and Turbofire.

I would love to try P90X. I'm not afraid of the workout as having done Insanity, I think I can conquer the world lol but what I've found with P90X is you need equipment e.g. pull-up bars etc. That is putting me off.
  • becujo
    becujo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just started Turbo fire and am loving it. If you like kickboxing, this could be a nice transition that will challenge you. I also like Jessica Smith and her 10 lbs down series. I never get bored of her. I preview most of my videos on Collage Video's website and I love that they give you 30 days to return the video, even opened, if you dont like the workout (you do have to pay for the return shipping though).
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You can do P90X with just bands, I've seen people get awesome results that way. Beachbody has some good quality bands too, especially when you get to the higher resistance ones (the dreaded black band, haha). Dikc's Sporting Goods sells some that come with a neat canvas door jamb attachment too - I bought a set of bands there just to get the attachment. Don't buy crappy bands! I had a Walmart/Gold's Gym band snap on me and it left a welt on my arm that stayed for months.

That being said, I'd still spend a few bucks for a pull-up bar. Mine screws to the door frame, it was not more than $25 if I remember correctly.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Check out the videos by Cathe Friedrich. She's great.
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. I'm going to check out all of your suggestions!
  • Cindypec
    Cindypec Posts: 1
    Options
    Chalean Extreme is a great workout video. Check out beachbody.com. Circuit training and cardio. She's a tough cookie.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam with Chalene Johnson. It's from Beach Body. It's a beginner to intermediate program. You can modify it to make easier or more challenging.

TurboFire is Chalene's advanced workout. ChaLean Extreme is hers as well. It focuses more on weight lifting. I'm currently doing that one. I've lost 7 inches in the first month.
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper has had all his DVD's on sale for $5 each on his website. I just got mine in last week and they are awesome! Great workouts!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I love Bob Harper. I have Totally Ripped Core and just had my butt handed to me today by Pure Burn Super Strength. Amazing workouts, and HARD.