Is this an ok choice?

Options
My mom bought this really expensive cake and she's acting like she really wants me to eat it. The nutritional information is available here:

http://www.hsn.com/kitchen-dining/davids-cookies-4-25lb-carrot-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting_p-6423041_xp.aspx

if you look at my food diary I included it for the day, and I wouldn't be over on calories but I would be over on saturated fat by 1 gram. I would love to exercise it off, but recent unknown neurological problems are causing some issues with my legs making it difficult to burn off calories and fat. Should I eat some of the cake or should I just eat some of the really good frozen yogurt she got me a while ago instead?

Replies

• iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You did really good today.. I would say go for it.. its in your calories.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Have some fruit instead.
  • fitsporazzi
    Options
    cake will never be a healthy choice, but a piece of cake putting you 1 g of fat over your day wont kill you. enjoy a piece of cake, you only live once. :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat it you'll be even more under on calories. Under is not good since you want to meet your goal intake. One extra gram of sat fat isn't going to hurt anything. Enjoy!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You did really good today.. I would say go for it.. its in your calories.

^^^This! Go for it! :drinker:
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself every once in awhile! If you don't enjoy food every once in awhile, you'll get burned out and stop trying. Slow and steady wins the race in my opinion!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    if you want it eat you have enough cals. if you dont want it dont eat it.some days i eat well, others i eat crap, depends on my mood. today was a crap day but i will still be under. thats all that matters.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Eat it. Enjoy it. You can't spend your whole life stressing over every "unclean" thing you eat; this is a lifestyle for a reason. :)
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter, eat some cake. It's well within your calorie budget, you've even got some to spare! Some cake every now and then is not going to kill your diet.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    1gr of Saturated fat in one day isn't a big deal. Your Calories are great for the day and it looks like you've reached your goal maybe? I say eat the cake...if you're still unsure, have half a piece. You're doing great!
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    If you have the calories and you want to eat it, eat it.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Being over on saturated far by 1 gram on 1 day is definitely not the end of the world. Enjoy your cake.
  • xoxluvvy
    xoxluvvy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I'll go for it, after all it looks pretty good :laugh:

Thanks again for the opinions!
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Eat the cake. Occasional treats are fine, plus if you are like me, we have to learn to have a treat without going overboard. I always try to make it up over the next few days (metabolism does not reset at midnight- meeting your calorie goal weekly is just as effective as daily). Enjoy!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If you really want to try it, eat it...if you really don't want to try it, just say "NO!"

Bottom line...don't let peer-pressure compromise your MFP morals!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Holy first-world problems, Batman.

XD
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What's the issue? It's fine.