Your first NSV (Non Scale Victory)

Options

Replies

• wcsangel
    wcsangel Posts: 40
    Options
    Love this thread!

My first one came just a few months ago. I was clearing out my wardrobe when I came across a pair of jeans which I hadn't been able to get into since I was about 16 (I'm 23 now). I tried them on just for a laugh, and THEY FIT!

They're now back in my regular rotation. :D
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    My first happened just a couple of weeks ago. I got out the big suitcase of clothes that I grew out of when I put on weight and tried them all on... About half now fit, and the other half aren't that far off. It's been AMAZING to come into work in all these pretty dresses that haven't seen the light of day for nearly two years, and I've had so many compliments! I know I haven't lost that much weight, not nearly as much as some of you, but wearing this new/old wardrobe has made me feel like a different person.
  • btnyegurl
    btnyegurl Posts: 27
    Options
    I bought a button down shirt from J Crew because it was on sale, when I first got it in January it was too tight on the hips for me to even open my suit jacket but yesterday I wore it and fit absolutely fine!
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Mine was a coworker telling me she could tell I was losing weight because my face was slimmer. Mind you I had only lost 4.5 and was just over a week into my weight loss journey. It was a great feeling because I sure don't see it yet in the mirror.
  • ocylott
    ocylott Posts: 31
    Options
    Mine's a small one: the sundress I had to have my husband zip up for me last year I can now do by myself. No groaning zipper!
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow excellent!1
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I just returned from 2 weeks of Australia/New Zeland trip. My NSV is I did not have to ask the air hostess for the seat belt extender. I could wear the seat belts comfortably. In the past, I had always felt ashamed to ask for the seat belt extender and now even though she was walking with a few, I don't have to ask for one. Getting up and sitting in the aeroplane seat(economy class) has become easy and comfortable as well. Felt so good.
  • Squeezie88
    Squeezie88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    these are such fantastic results! I'd love to hear more! :)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

My own was having my scrub pants nearly fall off in lab. Win/lose combo!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I got back into my size 0 skinny jeans that were sitting in my closet for months collecting dust.
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Mine was when I pull a pair of pants out of the closet, that I had not worn in two years and they fit
  • Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Mine happened just last week: I was able to run an entire mile without stopping once!!! It was so liberating and made me want to run more! :happy:
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I FINALLY broke a 10 minute mile on the elliptical. 9:54, but what's even better is I broke that again with 9:47. I know to many of you that's not very quick, but for a lady my size that is something I am proud of.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Fitting into a size 16 and being able to bike more than 15 miles.
  • DRat71
    DRat71 Posts: 4
    Options
    (first post here - hello everyone)

My first NSV was putting on my belt and not being able to get it tight enough - it ran out of holes and was still loose. I know that is not really a big deal but to me it was huge. :smile:
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My first NSV was when the size 34 pants that I was wearing were falling down so much that I had to make a belt outta yarn around the house!

My favorite NSV was when I was visiting my grandfather in Kansas and he told me that I was looking really good!! That one is just a beautiful feeling whenever I think about it.
  • sarafit926
    sarafit926 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I went shopping for an Easter dress on Saturday and couldn't get the one I really liked (an orange ruffly shift dress from Target) because they didn't make it any smaller than a size 2!! I know Target has size inflation and I'd probably still wear a 2-4 anywhere else, but it was a big win for Boyfriend to say, "That looks like it's too big. Let me go get the next size down" and then they didn't have it!!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    My first was being able to get my wedding ring on again. I lost that ability 10 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child. My hands and feet have been losing weight really fast compared to the problem hips and stomach. My most recent was when a coworker told me I had to go out and buy new clothes because they could walk by me and pull my pants off. And yes I had to go from a size 10 to a size 6. Great day shopping!
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My Milestone NSV is when I broke the size 40 threshold for pants. I'm down to 36 now :D
  • threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump for later
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!