I ate 3094 Calories before 4pm!! MY SAD REALITY

This is not meant to be a negative post at all. But I have to share this because this is my reality! As I was just reading through another post on the forums. I found a post that read "Always post your meals everyday" And to be honest with yourself. Under a motivational thread.

To my surprise I logged in my calories for the very first time & I cannot begin to say how horrible I feel! Looking at those calories go higher & higher & higher! Until finally there is a big fat red -1412 calories OVER!

Not to mention I ate the exact same thing yesterday! (Left over Easter Dinner).

Now I must say I dont eat Easter dinners everyday! But this is really scary because I wonder how many days have I actually over ate by literally a days worth of calories! OMG!! I feel so bad!

But this is my reality...My rude rude reality! That I have to make these changes! ....NOW! I dont ever want to see that number again! I refuse to see that number again!

~9_9~

Replies

• shot76
    shot76 Posts: 1 Member
    Don't be to hard on yourself. Stay focused and get back on track. We all have days where we overindulge but as long as you realize your mistake and make an honest effort to do better tomorrow, you will be okay. Hang in there!!!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 985 Member
    i didnt log in my food diary for the last 4 days...not saying thats a good thing or that its ok, but i imagine i would have been like 4000 over on at tleast 2 of those 4 days. i cant even look at it,. i would probly cry. im not a health fanatic when it comes to my diet, im a bit of an exercise addict tho. logging into this site and recording my food honestly over the past 9 days or so has been a real eye opener to me. dont beat urself up. im living it too. just try to be better, its what we all have to do.
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    thats the way to start. look at your truth. you may feel embarrassed or disgusted or upset or whatever. but now you know and you can only make it better from now on ! we are all here to help.

I used to over eat by i don't even wanna KNOW calories. Junk food for dinner every day, KFC , Macdonalds, takeaway, chinese, pizza.....chocolate sweets....
    and it changes, if you really mean it, you can make it completely change. I thought I could never ever change my lifestyle. ever,
    and all of a sudden im 84lbs lighter and my outlook on food and health has changed for ever
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    In fact it's the best way to start. Now you know what you are doing wrong and have tools to change things around. Good luck
  • I ate horribly yesterday I'm like embarrassed I didn't count the calories but I'm sure they're about the same as you. don't be discouraged tho holidays are difficult when it comes to food. I feel bloated and like I ruined all the progress I've been making but we all mess up from time to time we just have to get on track and learn
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    The first step towards making a change is recognizing a problem. Definitely be honest with yourself. Weigh and measure consistently, at least until you've re-set your perception of appropriate serving sizes. Try to be conscious of what you are eating, so that when you decide to "cheat" it's really your decision, not something that happened accidently.

Candy holidays are the worst, luckily they're only a couple times a year. Good luck, and keep going!
  • ANuMe30
    ANuMe30 Posts: 5
    Thanks Ladies!!!! It is definitely a eye opener... thanks for the motivation! :wink:
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    I agree with Yanicka.... you have to start somewhere, and if this is where you are starting, you know what you are up against.

I think it is an EXCELLENT start just to *honestly* log your calories. I have a friend here on MFP who did the same thing you did, and she was thousands over in her calories for the first couple of days, and gradually cut down and so far she's lost about 15 lbs. in a couple of months. She is now consistently eating below her calorie limit.

There's a small added bonus: you aren't starving yourself, so when you start exercising you will be burning more calories than those who only eat a stick of celery every day. However, exercise really can't make up for a crappy diet--- so try to get the food under control first.

You CAN do this!
  • This happened to me about 2 weeks ago. It is astonishing! It makes me wonder how many days I've eaten over 3,000 calories, and didn't even think about it.

BUUUUUUUTTTTT, as you said, we don't eat like that every day. Sometimes it's alright to indulge yourself, but not every single day.