Any Other Guys 6'+ and 100+ lbs. to lose Out There?

Options
I am a married guy who is 6'4" and have 143 pounds to lose (SW 363).

Due to our height, we have unique issues with our weight, from clothing to the fact we never look quite as heavy as we are. I know I have a larger bone structure (I'm sorry... when your ribcage occupies more than a verticle foot when laying on the floor you've got LARGE BONES!) so there is no way I am going to get down to that 205 mark that they specify as the high end of "Normal" unless I want to look like the preacher from the Poltergeist movies... but 210 to 220 and a size 36 is respectable!

Due to an MVA in 2000 I have damage to my right leg that limits some of my activity (primarily, anything doing with running is out) but I am determined to not let that stop me.

I am looking for friends who are in this same general boat as I am and willing to help encourage eachother. We have all gotten this way without help, maybe we can get healthy with it!

Replies

• gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wow... no replies in 12 hrs... maybe I AM alone on this journey...
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey fella,

No idea what my ideal weight should be (I will find out), but my guess is that I am similar to you. 6'1", so not as tall, currently weighing in at 302, 20 down in the last 5 weeks, but I am a big guy too, wide chest and shoulders, used to lift weights and play rugby.

Never sure whether I will need motivation or be the motivator, but hey, it's a journey,th more help we get, the easier it might be.

N
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You may add me as well. I'm 6'3 & started this journey last year weighing 665lbs. With hard work I'm now down to 376lbs. I understand the issues about which you speak:smile:
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 6'3" and have already lost the bulk of my weight, but I saw your thread and want to point you toward this thread posted earlier.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/555277-big-men

Lots of guys there at various stages of progress. Take a look and add some friends in a similar place.

All the best.