Negative Calorie Foods **

Options
Wondering what some negative calorie foods are?

*The foods that take more energy to burn then they have calories!

=)

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    None.

The end.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake
  • gretchenwb
    gretchenwb Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of negative calorie foods, however, you can improve the effect the carbs have on your blood glucose levels by paying attention to the combinations you eat. For instance, eating a carb combined with a protein (cheese and crackers, PB and crackers, hummus and carrots) will slow the absorption of the glucose and give you more even blood glucose levels.
  • Acliff510
    Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've heard that lettuce & celery do ... but not sure???

I have heard of it before but not sure to how much truth there is to it.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oysters...........if you are lucky lol
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    None.

The end.

This... Anything that you eat has calories and nothing causes you to burn more calories.

Thats all a myth.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Wondering what some negative calorie foods are?

*The foods that take more energy to burn then they have calories!

=)

There are none. All foods have calories and regardless as to what is reported, ALL foods contain more calories than it takes to digest them - even celergy and cucumber!

Plain water is the only substance that contains zero calories.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    hmm, tea/coffee...not really foods..but...
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    ^^^celery, perhaps(igottainterwebzit.jpg) but cabbage.....possibly. if eaten raw. as in, uncooked, insteamed, unseasoned...so yes; if you can stomach raw cabbage you may have stumbled upon the next wonderfood that is so totally devoid of any nutritive value that it will fill you up while burning calories. congratulations on meeting your vitamin deficiency goals of 2012.

But on a serious note; no. Any food (H2O excepted) has calories that must be burned via some other means that simply eating them.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I dunno about burning more calories to eat than they actually have, but pretty much just about any green vegetable, with a few exceptions, is going to be very low calorie with high amount of fiber. Here's another one you may not be aware of: natural, unsweetened baking cocoa. One tablespoon of cocoa is only 10 calories, but it has a lot of fiber for just a little tablespoon. Try that in your morning oatmeal to get your chocolate fix.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake

I am so glad to know this, I have four kids and that is a lot of birthdays!