Iced Tea

Options
I have a tendency to go to Starbucks for a venti black iced tea. When I add the tea to my food chart it says 120 calories and 31 carboydrates. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought iced tea (or most) had no calories. Sometimes I add one Splenda. I've checked with other websites and other teas and they do not equal up to that much. I am curious who is right.

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    iced teas generally have sugar added.
    does it taste sweet prior to the splenda?

it appears there is a sweetened and unsweetened version.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Tea has no calories unless it is sweetened. If it is bitter and not sweet then it is unsweetened.
  • fortheheart
    fortheheart Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No. I make sure I don't get the 'classic' sweetener. I don't like the taste.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I had the same misconception about iced tea with another brand.

Now I drink Diet Snapple--zero calories in the tea flavors!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have any calories in it if it isn't sweetened, and it comes unsweetened unless you specify otherwise.

<-- daily Starbucks green tea drinker.
  • ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi! Ex Starbucks worker here. So, the venti black iced tea has no calories if it's unsweetened. A venti, if sweetened, has 6 pumps of classic syrup, and that's there the 120 calories come from. All syrups have the same calories unless it's one of the thicker types like mocha/white mocha/caramel sauce. But all the thin/liquidy syrups are 20 calories per pump.... thus, 120 calories for 6 pumps in a Ventii...but if you get 4, it's 80 calories, 5 it's 100, etc. Hope this helps :)
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you're at, but if you specify "unsweet tea" it's calorie free. Your database might be thinking you're adding "sweet tea"- which is rife with sugar and calories.