Holidays

Options
Yesterday I totally blew it. I had more food in one meal than I eat in 4 meals. As I laid there in misery, feeling like I was going to explode, I came to a cool realization. Normally my body would NOT have reacted this way. Normally it would take it in stride, and accept this as "normal" food intake. All I was able to do was sit around and watch t.v. Everytime I got up, it was a challenge. I was miserable sleeping last night, and am still suffering some after effects even this morning.

My cool realization is that my body is telling me, in its own special way, that it prefers to eat the "other" way. I never experience pain, bloating, nausea when I eat the other way. I have more energy, and don't feel like I have lead in my feet, or concrete in my stomach. I think I am adjusting to this new "lifestyle" change, and my body has gladly signed on for the long haul.

Thanks for reading, friends, and good luck in your journey!!

Replies

• nullmom
    nullmom Posts: 10
    Options
    Dont stress over going over 1 day. Seriously, you are allowed to cheat from time to time if you dont allow yourself to eat those things tou will binge more often and trust me it is hard to keep it off. Ilearned that the hard way. At one point 5 years ago I was 240 lbs. at 23 years old and 5'2. Scarey!!! I pretty much starved myself but in 1 years time i was down to 147. Then I fell off the wagon started eating everything Icould get my hands on and stopped working out. This past christmas I was back to 211 and a size 18. I was horrified. So I am now doing things the right way. I eat all day (protein shake for breakfast, am snack,small lunch,afternoon snack,and a small dinner) but I get to eat and I have found so manylow cal options for all my favorites from pizza to ice cream. I feel great I am back to 151 (dont weight in again until wednesday) but this is a lifestyle change for me not a diet. Lifestyle changes last for life and as we all know diets almost always fail. But even I ate candy yesterday!!! I had 1 package of 8 sixlets then I walked away.. I have to control my food I can not and will not let it control me anymore. My 3 little girls need their momma to be healthy and alive. I will not fail my kids. Part of being a good mom if taking care of yourself and being your best. If I am sick or dead from a heart attack I have let them down and I refuse to do that to my babies. This realizeation came after i (at 27) lost my mom in a car accident this past summer. I knowthe pain I feel everyday of my life from her move to heaven and will not let my kids feel the pain I feel. My girls having their mom and my husband having his wife is my motivation and it gives me the power I need to walk away from unhealthy food options. Find out what truely motivates you and run with it think about it everytime you struggle with your food options.
    I hope this helps you the way it has helped me. I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss goals. and dont forget if you nibble it you have to scribble it!!!
  • mtnbluezgirl
    mtnbluezgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love that you equated feeling miserable after eating "like you use to" with your body saying..."hey, we like the other way!" Wonderful!! I know if I listen to my body...like I did today...it will tell me that it wants to be normal again. Thank you so much for sharing!!