Easter candy - did you splurge?

Options
2»

Replies

• carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Phew!! Glad to see I wasn't alone! :smile:

If tomorrow is your normal weigh-in day, will you be sticking to it after all that candy or skipping it for this week?

I didn't eat THAT much, but still that dang EB better not ruin my weigh-in!! Lol
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    When my MIL gave me my Easter basket, I didn't even look in it...handing it right to my husband =) I really wanna know what's in there, but that will just lead to trouble =\
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I went over today, but I didn't eat a LOT of sweets... A piece of 'bunny cake' after dinner and a small piece of chocolate (A hershey's bunny) a little bit ago. I didn't go WAY overboard, so I'm happy about that, but c'mon, it's Easter... and you can't have Easter without chocolate... it just isn't right... lol
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love that, "how long does getting thin take?" asks Pooh.
  • ProudUSMCWife
    Options
    Instead of candy in the eggs this year for the kids, I used change. My kids still got a chocolate bunny and some peeps, but we aren't overflowing with candy. I think they were happier to have the money in the eggs than candy.

Tomorrow is a new day, so for all of you who splurged this weekend, don't sweat it, just jump back on that horse.

Happy Easter everyone.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I ate so much candy I have that yucky I-ate-too-much-chocolate feeling.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was relatively good:

One hollow chocolate egg,
    two kit kat minis
    two Crunch Eggs with Peanut Butter.
    One chocolate chip cookie from McAlister's

With the amount I used to eat, I call this a win.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i didn't splurge on easter candy (only one fun-sized kitkat), but we went to an easter buffet with decadent desserts for brunch. i had a raspberry fudge brownie, slice of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, slice of banana nut cake, mini raspberry cheesecake, mini lemon cheesecake, and strawberries, bananas and pound cake dipped in a dark chocolate fondue.

all delightful, but i am intermittent fasting until 2 pm tomorrow and back to low carbs. :)
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well...............a couple of peanut butter eggs in her basket were for Mama and Papa...............Easter is the only morning of the year where we wake up to CANDY!! But really it wasn't the candy we splurged on, but the great dinner that "I" made..........proud to say........my first Easter dinner as the ONLY cook with my family!! I still kept it healthy though.
  • Knitiquegirl
    Options
    yes, I did today and some yesterday. But tomorrow, I will be done with candy again. Have to put the monster back in the bag. Will continue with my no sweets until Sunday rule. Make is much easier to deal with for me my "sugar monster"
  • Vis_Viva
    Vis_Viva Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Indulged but not splurged. I had 2 squares (yes squares not bars) of Mo's Bacon Bar's from Voges (bacon chocolate; google it, it's actually quiet good) @ 57 calories each, 4 peeps @ 28 calories each, and half of a peanut butter cup egg (1/2 being 85 calories). Just for reference my current goal of calories is 1680/day so that isn't too bad for a holiday.

I also happen to burn 1158 calories in exercise too. That is a little more than normal, but I didn't exercise extra for that though. I USUALLY burn ~ 600 to 700 on a Sunday (and around 1/2 that on a weekday). My wife wanted to go for an hour long walk that evening plus the lawn needed mowed too. That plus my usual exercise put me over the 1K mark. Half the candy I had after the walk when I realized just how many calories I burned that day.

Good thing is I can enjoy a piece or two of candy for several days until it's all gone and still be doing okay. I did the same thing during girl scout cookie season. Two cookies a day until they were gone. It was an awesome treat and lasted long.

This does bring up a great point though. I've noticed when I'm in a weight loss regiment, when I DO indulge in a small amount something "bad" I enjoy it so much more. That occasional slice of cake, that occasional candy bar that special dinner on your birthday ALL are SO much more enjoyable when it is done in moderation as part of a good regime.

Anyone else notice that?
  • OhioMade
    OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I had one single solitary peep! I am doing well on the scale and didnt want to screw it up.