What is a reasonable goal?

Options
Hi!

I am currently looking forward to my wedding in August (August 17th :D) and I am looking at wedding dresses and really worried about ordering a dress when I am working on losing weight.... I have roughly 18 weeks until the big day and both my fiance and I are extremely dedicated to making this work... the only thing is that in the past I have always set completely unreasonable goals for myself... either they are way too low or way too high and I end up no where near where I want to be.

What is a reasonable goal in 18 weeks? I am currently 281 and am 5'7" and right now I wear a size 22 (24 or 20 depending on the maker of the clothes) and generally feel comfortable in a 3x. My long term goal is 145 lbs.

What are your short term and long term goals?

Replies

• babyblooeyes
    babyblooeyes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Well, I started at 296 in January and am now 246-8. My short term goal is 170 but ultimately I want to be in the 130's
  • carolyns19
    Options
    I would look at what your setting on MFP is (.5-2 lbs a week) and divide that potential weight loss by 2. For example, in 17 weeks, I would *safely* estimate that you will lose 17 lbs if on a 2 lb a week plan. Then plan your dress size based on that.

You should get your dress tailored the last few weeks leading up to the wedding-- but you can probably do it them same week if you want it to fit really well. I've heard of tailors being able to tailor down from 3 sizes larger (I know my dress is 1 size too big and I am not worried at all about that..)