So far on my weight loss journey...38 lbs and counting...

Options
glissongal
glissongal Posts: 10 Member
This was me at 180 LBS. I didn't even realize how big I was (October 2010).
beach.jpg

I wish I had taken more progress pictures along the way! But here I am at 158 LBS (August 2011).
2011-08-06_19-13-12_278.jpg

Front view at 143 LBS (current weight) (March 2012)

front143.jpg

Side view at 143 LBS (March 2012)
2012-02-11_11-31-14_555.jpg

My goal weight is somewhere between 125-130 LBS. I am slowly but surely taking more weight off. However, I have been stuck at 143 and cannot seem to break it the barrier.
I look forward to posting my goal weight picture! :bigsmile:

Replies

• snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    lookin' great!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am totally impressed! WTG!
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Awesome, you look great! How long did it take you to get the weight off?
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look great!

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of exercise/diet plan did you follow? We have similar goals, but I'm so far plateaued at the 160's... Ulgh.
  • glissongal
    Options
    I entered everything in myfitnesspal (even a piece of gum) and I stopped eating breads, pastas, and cereals for the first few months. Really cutting my carbs helped me out a lot. I have found that my body doesn't process that stuff very well. While I can eat small amounts and still lose weight, I always notice the less of it I have, the better I do (the more muscle starts to show on my body too.) I ate/eat a lot of vegetable based alternatives. For example, when I want pizza- I eat cauliflower crust pizza (google it, it's awesome), when I want pasta, I make noodles from fresh zucchini, etc. Last summer when I really shed the weight (lost a little over 20 LBS in 3 months), I was working out 5 days a week, 3 of which I did two a day workout sessions. [I know...I know...it's a bit much!] Although, that will NEVER be my long term workout schedule, for a short term plan it really worked!!!!!! I also eat VERY CLEAN- meaning, I don't eat highly processed foods (or as little of them as possible.) Mainly meats, veggies, and 2 servings a fruit a day.
    In December I did Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer, which was great- completely different from anything I have ever done. It definitely made my muscle show and cut some inches off...however, my number on the scale was still the same.
    Hope this helps. :) I hope you do well and achieve your goal too.
  • glissongal
    Options
    Well, I weighed right at 180 LBS on June 3, 2011- this was day one of my lifestyle change! It was the day that I fully committed to logging all of my food, eating a low carb diet and working out 5 days a week (very high intensity). I had been committed to the 5 day workout plan since December of 2010, however, I hadn't lost any weight- I didn't gain either though. My biggest problem was that I never kept a food log! :/
    From June 3, 2011 to the present date (basically 10 months), I have lost 38 lbs. Most of it came off in the first 3-4 months. I have hit a few plateaus along the way and broken through. I have been stuck at 143 for weeks!!! I will dance for joy when I finally cross over into the 130's. :)
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ooh! That sounds great! I'll have to start trying to reduce my carbs, I think, but I can't by *too* much since I'm training for a marathon. Great job and I can't wait to try out that cauliflower crust! Googled it and it looks amazing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!