Will I EVER learn?!

Options
I work at a doctor's office, and, three days a week, the pharmaceutical reps bring in catered lunches for the whole office. Today they brought box lunches from Panera Bread. I chose a Sierra Turkey sandwich on Asiago bread, which comes with a dill pickle spear, a bag of kettle chips, and a cookie the size of a dinner plate. Probably about a 1600 calorie lunch. I am miserable! I'm getting ready to go to the gym and work some of it off, but it's going to be hard to push myself when I'm feeling sluggish like this. I was feeling great until I ate all that junk. I think I still would have been alright if I'd skipped the chips and the cookie...although, the Asiago focaccia bread on the sandwich wasn't ideal either. When am I going to learn that a few moments of pleasure isn't worth the hours of misery?!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty.....darn those free lunches....
  • kebrina1983
    Options
    Use this link to calculate your calories:http://www.paneranutrition.com/
  • tawny9753
    tawny9753 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I always have to remind myself that free food isn't free of calories. I had a lot of free food at my last job and it's different when you don't have to pay for it. But we aren't starving so we don't really need it.

The important thing is to just get right back on track. Work some of it off and get back to healthy eating. Make a plan for when they bring in lunches what you will do. Just take the sandwich and eat it without the top bread with water, give away the chips and cookie or whatever works for you.

People feel bad for "wasting" food, but if you don't need it as fuel there is nothing wrong with giving it away or even throwing it away if no one else needs it. It's not doing anyone any favors being added to their butt and making them feel bad after eating it.

REAL food makes you feel good when you eat it :)

That being said, no one is perfect. So make a game plan for next time to do better, forgive yourself, and get right back on track. A real winner isn't someone who never falls down, they are just the one who gets back up every time they fall.
  • virgomuse
    virgomuse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I work at a medical office too and people (paients) are ALWAYS bringing in goodies, just today my paient brought in cupcakes and she was like I know you are on a diet, but plz eat one anyways. I was polite and professional. BUT I didn't eat one. I just smelled them, lmao Good Luck!
  • virgomuse
    virgomuse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ok.. i'm really sleepy and realized I spelled patient incorrectly! SORRY
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! So I went to the gym and burned about 500-600 cals, then I went for a walk/run at the park a couple of hours later and burned another 400-500 cals. :D After eating a very light dinner, I was feeling much better. Still holding alot of water today from all the sodium, though. Trying to drink extra water today to help flush it out.
  • tawny9753
    tawny9753 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job getting right back on track and doing some serious exercise to help offset. You're doing all the right things, so keep up your hard work.