Very cool...

Options
I can't say enough good things about this website. I needed a little more motivation to help lose baby weight...this is day 3 and it's helped me so much already! I only wish there were a more accurate way to track calories burned while nursing, other than that, it's great so far. ;)

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    When I was nursing, I just added 500 cals as 1 minute of cardio a day.... talk to your doctor or visit any number of breastfeeding sites to see what your body needs to make milk for your little one.

You can also run your numbers here, and manually change them and add 500 cals (or whatever your dr/research finds) on top of the MFP numbers to lose weight healthily. (Is that a word???lol)

Glad you're here! Welcome aboard :flowerforyou:
  • proctor0828
    Options
    Be sure that your net calories is no less than 1600 calories... if you want to keep up the breast feeding. I didn't do that and my milk dropped... I was about ready to stop though.
  • sonyaedwards
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and well wishes! I can't believe how much this has helped me...even if I have a couple bad days, I just make up for it on the next. I read that it takes anywhere from 200 to 500 calories per day for milk production, so I went middle of the road with around 280...maybe that's not enough though. Regardless, I am feeling really good about losing weight the right way and not crash dieting.