No Fair... 2nd Workout Doesn't "Count"???

Options
Ohay... so why is it that if I work out 2x in one day only the first workout shows up in the news feed? That's a total gyp, in my opinion.

Yeah, I get the "credit" in terms of calories, but if I work out twice in a day, I think it should be proclaimed to the world!!!

Replies

• ms_tris
    ms_tris Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hell yes!
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I second that!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I do wish it would come up in a separate post! I tend to split my workouts several times a week with an early morning DVD workout, and a run later in the morning, and hate that the biggest calorie burn from the run gets lost in that early morning post! so I've been waiting and posting them both later in the day. :tongue:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hey at least your entries show....
    There is some kind of timezone glitch that means that anything I log early in the morning doesn't show on the newsfeed but afternoon entries do.
    That means that if I go for a run in the morning and burn 500 cals it doesn't show, but if I walk home from the bus and log 20 mins walking that shows up like it's a big deal.... I just add a comment myself so I can brag about my morning exercise now!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hey at least your entries show....
    There is some kind of timezone glitch that means that anything I log early in the morning doesn't show on the newsfeed but afternoon entries do.
    That means that if I go for a run in the morning and burn 500 cals it doesn't show, but if I walk home from the bus and log 20 mins walking that shows up like it's a big deal.... I just add a comment myself so I can brag about my morning exercise now!

Yeah, in this case, my 30 min dog walk was cause for celebration but I logged 752 calories for a 2+ hr bike ride later in the day and it doesn't come up. This website is about support and feedback... I deserve to get my kudos, dangit! I'm addicted to external feedback, after all. Hmmm... wonder if there's a website for that ;-p
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    AGREE!!!!!!! :sad:
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This right here is why I wait until later in the day, and log all my workouts together. It only shows what is the biggest burn anyway, but I add a note in the exercise log and again comment on my post about what I actually did. I figure that what I did really only matters to me, but I hate to see that I burned a ton of calories and it says something like leisurely walking.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Here's why MFP does it that way, combines all your workouts in one entry.

When we first started having the entries show up on our news feed, enough other members complained about getting too many workout entries from their friends posts that Mike condensed it down to showing up as one entry only.

So for those that wish it could be individual, the others wanted it condensed. It can be a bit overwhelming when someone has a large list of friends and all the workout entries of every friend comes through.

I do understand though and I prefer my entries to be individual and show my exact workouts (more for myself to keep track than to show it to the world...since I am doing it for ME) rather than base the total on the most minutes of whatever activity I did that day.

So that's why it's done this way... Lots of changes on MFP at that time and lots of feedback sharing that some were overwhelmed on their feeds. Mike always makes changes for good reason... that's why MFP works so well!:bigsmile:
  • jenj1313
    Options

When we first started having the entries show up on our news feed, enough other members complained about getting too many workout entries from their friends posts that Mike condensed it down to showing up as one entry only.

So for those that wish it could be individual, the others wanted it condensed. It can be a bit overwhelming when someone has a large list of friends and all the workout entries of every friend comes through.

I do understand though and I prefer my entries to be individual and show my exact workouts (more for myself to keep track than to show it to the world...since I am doing it for ME) rather than base the total on the most minutes of whatever activity I did that day.

So that's why it's done this way... Lots of changes on MFP at that time and lots of feedback sharing that some were overwhelmed on their feeds. Mike always makes changes for good reason... that's why MFP works so well!:bigsmile:

Well... at least there's a reason... that always makes me happy :-)

I guess now that I know how it works, I'll just wait to log what I know will be the biggest burn, then add anything else later. Really, I feel kind of silly logging the dog walk anyway, but it was hot out and I was sweating, gosh-darnit!

NOW... if only they'd keep a list of all the forum topics I've started somewhere easy on my profile page (so I can get back to them without scrolling through 800 entries), that'd be great!
  • marckilgore
    Options
    You might want to log your workout at dailymile.com to get that feature. My HRM does it automatically - too bad MFP only syncs to fitbit.
  • jenj1313
    Options
    Okay... I also didn't realize that it actually DOES add the calories burned and new exercise to my original post, it just doesn't re-post again at the top. So, that's a little better. But I'm still going to wait to log until I've done my most intense workout of the day.

BTW, there are times when there are 2 actual workouts, not just a workout and a dog walk, which is why I brought this up!
  • repubgurl
    repubgurl Posts: 105
    Options
    MFP doesn't post the second workout as its own announcement, but it does amend the original one to update the calories burned. I agree though, it would be nice to see a second post. Kind of nice to get that "reward" for the effort.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    post it manually
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Delete the first post from your newsfeed before you add the 2nd workout to your journal. It will show the grand total then.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

Thanks for the info! Any chance of being given the option to have it post separate workouts or all at once? Kind of like how we can choose to have our forums posts show up in our news feed or not?
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Maybe MFP can fix it so when you add a new workout it not only updates the totals.... but also bumps the post to the top of your news feed....so it looks like a new post..Hmmmmm
  • jenj1313
    Options
    Delete the first post from your newsfeed before you add the 2nd workout to your journal. It will show the grand total then.
    ooooo... very tricky, but totally do-able! Thanks :-)
  • jenj1313
    Options
    post it manually
    Well, that would be bragging and I'm not a braggart :-p Not on my own, anyway... I'm fine if MFP brags for me!!
  • jenj1313
    Options

Thanks for the info! Any chance of being given the option to have it post separate workouts or all at once? Kind of like how we can choose to have our forums posts show up in our news feed or not?

How do you do that? I'd rather not have all my forum replies show up in my news feed :-)

PS: I did look around through all of the settings menus (I think) before asking this question, but it's late and I couldn't figure it out so hopefully someone will throw me a bone! THANKS :-)