Can you please take a look at my diary and tell me what it i

Options
I will be 48 in two weeks. I work out about 5 days a week. I have been trying to lose fat around my waiste and build muscle. It seems to me that nothing has changed since I have been consistantly trying for a little over 2 months. Help please. Can you please take a look at my diary? Do you think that I am eating too little or too much? Do you think that I am not doing enough exercise or too much exercise? Please tell me what you think.

IAmDesperatelySeekingYourHelp

Replies

• jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Can you please take a look at my diary and tell me what it is that I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Given your age, your height (I checked the picture) and the shape of your face - 1250 calories is not enough.
    I'd say 1800 calories -
    Go for 4 workouts per week, and rest - regarding the macros, don't worry now, that won't change anything.
    What is your program ?
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Looking back over the past week, your food diary doesn't look that bad. Kind of higher in grains and breads and lower in raw vegetables than is my personal preference, but since your calories are generally near your goal that's not keeping you from losing weight. Just means more dietary sugar, but that's not a big deal unless you have blood sugar issues.

I would say more high intensity exercise, eating back some of the exercise calories, and stick with the balanced diet.
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    My weight fluctuate anywhere from 129 to 132 here lately. I am 5'3". Waiste is back and forth from 130 to 132. I am walking, Jump rope, supreme 90, lifting weights. I do not go to the gym.
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    Given your age, your height (I checked the picture) and the shape of your face - 1250 calories is not enough.
    I'd say 1800 calories -
    Go for 4 workouts per week, and rest - regarding the macros, don't worry now, that won't change anything.
    What is your program ?

I do a lot of dif. things. I have to do what ever motivate me. I try to do upper body 2 times a week and lower body 2 times a week. I been walking and sometime walk and then do 30 seconds of jump rope every 4 1/2 minutes of my walk. I some times do the firm dvds, Supreme 90 Days dvds.
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    Looking back over the past week, your food diary doesn't look that bad. Kind of higher in grains and breads and lower in raw vegetables than is my personal preference, but since your calories are generally near your goal that's not keeping you from losing weight. Just means more dietary sugar, but that's not a big deal unless you have blood sugar issues.

I would say more high intensity exercise, eating back some of the exercise calories, and stick with the balanced diet.

I do not have blood sugar issues. Are you saying eat more grains and breads and a little less vegetables? Also are you saying I eat too much sugar? So sorry for not understanding, Thanks
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Sausages, pizza, french fries and sugary drinks should all be avoided. Try to stay out of Wendy's. French fries are @ the worst thing you can eat.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    mmm your program is great - make sure you have rest days ;-)

Try to have across a week a stable diary - so you know how much you are eating versus how much you are burning.
    Here is a sheet I made that might help you to calculate your intakes :
    http://interzone.kicks-*kitten*.net/Calculating_calories.xls
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    mmm your program is great - make sure you have rest days ;-)

Try to have across a week a stable diary - so you know how much you are eating versus how much you are burning.
    Here is a sheet I made that might help you to calculate your intakes :
    http://interzone.kicks-*kitten*.net/Calculating_calories.xls

I am surely on that tomorrow. Thanks. I looked at it not too long ago and could not understand it. I am going to blame it on the late night....lol
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    Sausages, pizza, french fries and sugary drinks should all be avoided. Try to stay out of Wendy's. French fries are @ the worst thing you can eat.

I am trying to do my best at it. I have came a long way and still have some ways to go. I never ate probably no more than 500 to 700 calories a day. Now that I have been on MFP, I am learning how critical it is to eat your calories. Thanks you.
  • jenniejengin
    Options

Thanks for the info.
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    I will be 48 in two weeks. I work out about 5 days a week. I have been trying to lose fat around my waiste and build muscle. It seems to me that nothing has changed since I have been consistantly trying for a little over 2 months. Help please. Can you please take a look at my diary? Do you think that I am eating too little or too much? Do you think that I am not doing enough exercise or too much exercise? Please tell me what you think.

IAmDesperatelySeekingYourHelp

weigh 130
    height 5'3"
    waist 30 1/2

Workout anywhere from 4 to 5 days at home or take a walk.
    Do not get out of the house often so I am sitting around most of the time.
    I only have dumbells as far as weights.
    I got the book, New Rules of Lifting for Women and Plan to try the routines starting tomorrow, only problem is, I am not a member of a gym.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options

I do not have blood sugar issues. Are you saying eat more grains and breads and a little less vegetables? Also are you saying I eat too much sugar? So sorry for not understanding, Thanks

No. More whole fruits and veg, careful about the bread and bagels. I'm definitely not one of the "absolutely no carbs" people on here, but I've found for myself that if I start eating pasta and breads regularly in a week I generally won't lose weight that week and possible not the next. Everyone is different, so maybe you don't react that way.
  • jenniejengin
    Options

No. More whole fruits and veg, careful about the bread and bagels. I'm definitely not one of the "absolutely no carbs" people on here, but I've found for myself that if I start eating
    pasta and breads regularly in a week I generally won't lose weight that week and possible not the next. Everyone is different, so maybe you don't react that way.
    Lol. I will do that. Thank u.
  • Shanai1990
    Options
    bump
  • Luvlymonee
    Options
    bump
  • danaelizas
    danaelizas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Reduce your carbs by 30%. Add more veggies and protein like fish and lean chicken.
    Stay away from the bagels. Stay out of the restaurants. Wendy’s, McDonalds, etc…have processed foods including their so-called healthy side of the menu. Try to limit your carry out to once a month and brown bag it. You can’t go wrong with smoothies and fresh juices. You're looking great by the way! ☺
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    thank you so much