My mental NSV

Options
jenj1313
jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
So... a small NSV today: I followed my own advice!

I am constantly commenting to other posters on here that it's okay to take a day off or do easy workouts if you're not feeling great, but it's always hard for me to take my own advice.

Not so much with the days off... believe me, I've had PLENTY of those. But because I don't work out 6 days a week, I tend to feel that I need to push myself 110% in every workout that I do get to do.

Today, though, I just wasn't feeling it. My allergies were killing me, I had a headache, my nose was running, just wanted to take a nap, blah, blah, blah...

But, I got on my bike and decided to do some slow mountain biking without a lot of climbing. I worked on practicing obstacles and looked around at the scenery while I was riding the smooth stuff. Before I knew it, 2.5 hours were gone, I had a huge calorie burn even though I'd been going slow, and I was in a great mood.

I used the momentum of feeling good to come home and cook myself a yummy dinner to replenish all the calories I'd burned.

So, why is this an NSV? Because for once I felt like I was in a good enough place that I could take it "easy" without losing ground. And... as it turned out, I probably got ahead :-) Oh, and now I'm less of a hypocrite ;-p

edited to correct a typo.

Replies

• LosingToRun
    Options
    Sounds like a nice ride. It's also great that while in a bad mood, you utilized a healthy way to improve your mood. Great all around!
  • lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    this is a great NSV! congratulations!

I've recently had the same thing. Its such a great feeling when you can feel comfortable taking a day off, or having an easier workout day, and not feel guilty! Because you know that this is a lifetsyle change, and taking a day off wont stray you from your goals or cause you to lose momentum, you can just keep going with it the following day!
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!! way to take hold of a situation and turn your day around, and to find a new way to enjoy your biking & exercising! that's a huge NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!