what do you guys do....

Options
... when you have a sweet tooth attack?

Normally I don't eat many sweets, if any, but since easter I have been craving them... >>

Evil candy, just sitting there

Replies

• DeserveIt
    Options
    Brush your teeth... sugar afterwards is gross!
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have a few squares of dark chocolate. It's so rich that I only need a small amount. Also a smoothie with frozen or fresh fruit also helps.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Don't have candy around. Just stop buying anything bad for you. Buy fresh fruit and eat that when ou have a sweet tooth. Oranges really cure that, for me.
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Fudge pop. Only 40 calories in one. (Popsicle brand)
  • austinhartford
    Options
    i avoid all types of candy and sweats at all times. After about a month i completely loose any want for them
  • kibby12
    kibby12 Posts: 32
    Options
    My Mom turned me onto the idea of keeping a few pieces of saltwater taffy around so I can have those. They're small, but satisfying!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I buy sugar free diabetic candy for my patients and keep some as my attacks are always at work. Some of them like Baskin & Robbins are really good. At home I have sugar free jello or sugar free fudge pops.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Take 1ml oregano oil with water
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy it, my dad bought it. He wanted to have Easter over here. So he got a load of eggs, a bunch of candy, and a small amount of real foods. And well, we didn't use half of the candy, when making the baskets, or when the kiddos was here.

Thanks, everyone for the info's
  • bnazarian
    bnazarian Posts: 20
    Options
    I give in sometimes ...a little bit. It's best to throw it away, even though it seems like a waste. Really, it's not good for anyone. As a mom, I give treats but buy small amounts, even though economically it costs more. A small amount of expensive, really good chocolate is so much better than bad quality cheap stuff. If you are going to take the calorie/fat hit, make sure you make it worth it.

For sweet cravings, sometimes a stick of gum works. Also diet iced tea like Lipton Diet Lemon stops the sweet craving. Not the healthiest but it's better than tearing into a candy bar or taking the calorie hit of a big glass of fruit juice. Sometimes I like the "cuties" mandarin oranges too. They are sweet and you probably won't eat more than 2 or so.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Bread and butter pickle chips satisfy the craving for sugar, while not adding a lot of calories. Also, salty foods stop sugar cravings. Try eating a pickle spear.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I eat a piece of candy.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have two little girls age 5 and 6 so not haveing candy in the house over Easter isn`t an option for me as each of them ended up with 5 Easter baskets each ( grandparents , aunts and friends brought them over plus the Bunny basket) and then add on the candy from Egg hunts as well and there school parties.
    I putt all the candy into one larger basket Yesterday and I will leave it on the table for one week and the kids can eat what they want during this week then what ever is left this comeing Monday will be trashed. I have on average 1-4 pieces per day and I log them one week of candy will not wreck all my work and since I am logging it I`m acountable for it so no biggie. Life happens if you want a piece of candy have a piece just don`t let yourself sit down to the entire bag kwim its all about modoration (self control).
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    life's too effing long to be miserable. Eat cake.

omnomca.jpg
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    A glass of chocolate almond milk! So good!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can say is to give your candy away. Not much of a candy freak myself. But I did buy a bar the other day and gave 1/2 away to a friend, I didnt want to be stuck eating it all. I've seen candy that is now sugar-free and such, you may want to try...and if you don't like it well, maybe you will be strong to give it up.
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    life's too effing long to be miserable. Eat cake.

omnomca.jpg

Yummm
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello w/ whipped cream, grapes, Atkins low carb bar, berries. They all seem to satisfy that need something sweet urge!
  • willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I keep clementines around...they usually do the trick, especially if they are good ones. Nice and sweet and about 50 cal
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    one piece of dark chocolate won't hurt all your hard work