Hi, I am new and hoping for success

Options
Hi,

My name is Gemma I am hoping to lose around 20lbs, I got married last year and since then I haven't really cared about my weight and have put on half a stone, however now the bikini weather is back on the horizon I am hoping to lose some weight. However I have made a promise with myself, in that if I succeed which i am hoping I will, I plan on keeping this off as I dont want to be doing this year upon year.

I want to be happy in my new skin, and I hope that this really does work. I have just tried doing the new weight watchers however I can't seem to get the eating plan to work - it doesn't make sense that you can have so many calories/points when you work it backwards,. I have been doing it for 8 weeks and have only lost 2 lbs. Lets hope that this diet plan works - fingers crossed.

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone else on here!

Gemma

Replies

• KrisC1122
    KrisC1122 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Gemma!

Good luck on your WLJ. I just wanted to say that I have been doing WW since the begining of February. I feel like I am eating WAY TO MUCH! It just doesnt make sense! I just cancelled my monthly pass to try this out. Many nurses I work with are doing it and have had great success! Feel free to add me!

Edited to add: I signed up for this back in January but forgot about it, so the 10lbs you see is what I have lost by myself or with WW.
  • ElinaCarroll
    Options
    Hey Gemma,

I am also hoping to lose around 20 lbs using fitnesspal. So far so good, another 2 lbs down yoohoo :) I also run on the treadmill, bike, and row for cardio, and just started following a weekly strength routine, to make sure I minimise muscle loss.. I am very determined, I really want my beach body back!! :) I see the difference already, and see my back fat bulges disappearing! :) My boyfriend keeps saying I look great, which is sooo nice of him, but I will be happy when I see the cellulite and fat bulges gone, and me being able to get into my old clothes and a bikini without being so self-conscious.. Weightwatchers also didn't work out for me. So I hear you there. Good luck!! :)
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • AlmondDoll
    AlmondDoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Gemma, I am pretty new to this progam also. So far I love it! I never tried weight watchers so I can't compare it to that. What I love about this program is the fact that I get to see the breakdown of not just the calories, but my fat intake. It has really helped me to realize some items that I thought were OK because of low calories were not because of the fat. I hope to do well and train myself to eat more healthy and finally lose weight.

Welcome, and good luck to you! :smile:
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi Gemma,

I am new to this also. I think I am three weeks in. So far I have lost 6 pounds with 29 more to go to get to PPW. I find that this works for me because it lets me choose the meals as opposed to telling me what to eat. Good luck with your WLJ. Add me as a friend if you like. I run, walk and swim for cardio.