It's all about commitment and balance

Options
According MFP it's about 215+ days that I started my new life. Really new? Well, if not new yes very different.

I lost 75pounds and reached my target weight but now I am just refining my shape. I was not able to run even half a mile and now my standard running session is about, at least, six miles in less than an hour.

No, I am not skinny, I am 1.88mt and 108Kg.

I live in Saudi Arabia, which is not widely known for their sport habits and I went back home to Spain for vacations.

Vacations in Spain! wow... so many time without Spanish ham! Spanish red wine and Spanish gastronomy!!

I went there decided to enjoy the vacations and allowing me to put up to 2Kg in the 20 days I stayed there but guess what? I not even didn't put a single gram that I also lost half a kilo! How did I do it? I'll tell you...

COMMITMENT!!!

I enjoyed going to eat tapas with my friends and family, I enjoyed mom in law cooking, I enjoyed EVERYTHING, ham, wine, and nice cakes with the coffe and I DIDN'T PUT A SINGLE GRAM on my hips. Well... better than that! I lost half a kilo in these 20 days! Wanna know how?

COMMITMENT!!!

Every two days I got a running session. I ran in Barcelona, such a nice city!. I ran there in a mountain trail... overlooking the whole city at your feet! Amazing place!

It was the Barcelona Marathon Weekend and I was really tempted to sign in but the list was closed long before I arrived to Spain. They do every year what they call "Marathon Breakfast" that consists in a mild 4.195mts run the day before the Marathon emulating the last 4.195 mts of the 1992 Olympic games in Barcelona. So you start the running, is not a race, is just a wonderful running together (thousands of people) and you finish in the finish line inside the Olympic Stadium... I enjoyed so much!!

Then in Palma I also ran every two days... urban runs by the promenade surrounded by amazingly expensive yatches!

In Madrid I ran too... beside the Real Madrid stadium...

And, really, it was not nice to wake up early, leave wife and baby boy at the hotel and start running. In Barcelona I ran in the rain, in Palma I run while my family and friends had party at my place and in Madrid I ran in cold weather (I use to run in desertic weather!).

And everything because of...

COMMITMENT!

The most I ate the most I ran... It is not rocket science!

But when everybody compliments your shape, your achievement, your plan and you are happy with what you see in the mirror is not that difficult to get some COMMITMENT.

I know that in this text the word "I" or "me" is repeated so many times but the same I did you can do it. I really encourage you to follow your plan, to follow your instincts and to get your gift, a new healthy life!

A friend of me yesterday told me... now that you are instructor, Jose, tell me... how can I lose 5 kg in the next 2 months. I told him... what did you eat today? (bad food), and what did you have yesterday night? (6000cals, not 600 but 6000cals!!)

So, I am sorry, I cannot help you... you don't wanna lose weight... YOU WANT TO KEEP TELLING YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT which is different and no, I cannot help that kind of people.

So, stop telling you want to do anything and DO IT!

Best Regards / José D.

Replies

• elly68
    elly68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    thanks for the kick up the bum jose and well done on kicking your own.this is the best motivation i have read on here .
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Hubby and I going for a week to Barcelona next month and have been talking about running, and are renting bikes to use as our means of travel along with walking. I too plan on enjoying myself with lots of the yummy goodness there, but plan to just keep moving. Vacation does not mean self-sabotage. Thank you for the reminder. GREAT JOB!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivational story! Sometimes I lack commitment and your really put it into perspective! Your doing awesome.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Great story and share! Congrats!
  • Hynes13
    Hynes13 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration! Great post.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It is really motivational, I have never in my life been able to run because I suffer a bit of asthma, but it is my dream to run one day even if it is only to the end of my street. I do however workout on gym equipment 5 days a week and walk as well. Your story motivates me even more.
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It is really motivational, I have never in my life been able to run because I suffer a bit of asthma, but it is my dream to run one day even if it is only to the end of my street. I do however workout on gym equipment 5 days a week and walk as well. Your story motivates me even more.

I am glad to motivate you, well, I am glad to motivate anyone... Motivation was key at the beginning of my weight loss process... I literally ate youtube clips about sportsmen and women motivating, about IronMan stories, about many things!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    :smile: Awesome post! Congrats on all your success.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have achieved so much in a short time. I hope your commitment and motivation keep you going. You are really an inspiration! :)
  • Josedavid
    Options
    Congratulations! You have achieved so much in a short time. I hope your commitment and motivation keep you going. You are really an inspiration! :)

Thank you CK, you saw it from the very beginning! Thanks to be there supporting me!
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Wow...Just WOW!!! You are a GIGANTIC inspiration!!! That's why my new name for you is Rockstar JD!!! That's why I log in to MFP everyday...to see posts like this!!! And that's why I feel SO incredibly lucky and blessed that we're friends!!! :)

So sum it all up: YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!! :D

Ediited for spelling! :blushing:
  • Josedavid
    Options
    Wow...Just WOW!!! You are a GIGANTIC inspiration!!! That's why my new name for you is Rockstar JD!!! That's why I log in to MFP everyday...to see posts like this!!! And that's why I feel SO incredibly lucky and blessed that we're friends!!! :)

So sum it all up: YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!! :D

Ediited for spelling! :blushing:

Court... with grouppies like you I dont need anything else!! ;) you rock the rockstar!