Feeling so disheartened

Options
So I have so far lost 13 pounds with only 10 more to go till I reached my goal weight, since it was Easter I figured what the hell you can relax the diet and treat yourself a bit. Well treat myself I did and when I weighed myself this morning I have put on 8 pounds in 3 days - surely that can't be possible!! I mean I can't have eaten that many calories!!??

I am so mad at myself as feel have not only let myself down but put myself back several weeks. Trying to get back on track this week and hoping some of the weight is just bloating from salt etc.

It doesn't help that am going on holiday in 6 weeks and now the last thing I feel like doing is baring all in a bikini.

Replies

• aisth00j
    aisth00j Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Leave it until Friday and weigh again, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Im sure most of that weight will have gone xx
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I bet it's water weight. It's not possible to gain that much weight so quick. Just be good this week, drink loads and loads of water and add Sodium to your list to watch, and I bet next week it will all be gone again. xxx
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    You obviously didn't put on 8lbs of fat, that would have required a LOT of cals. The food you ate was probably very rich and salty (even stuff that doesn't taste like it has salt in it can be super sodium rich). Drink a lot of water to flush it out of your system, get back to your reg diet, and reg exercise plans and you'll be good in a few days. Don't sweat it!
  • cookiesandjuice
    Options
    this is why i try to only weigh myself once a month...because the scale will drive you crazy!!! as long as I feel good i'm content. but im sure in your case its bloating/water retention
  • cookiesandjuice
    Options
    O and wat ever you do DONT GET DISCOURAGED!!
  • DeborahStanley
    DeborahStanley Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've had a very bad Easter too. I've decided that after 5 days of eating far too much today is the first day of my new start. I am not going to weigh until my normal wiegh in day, Friday, I'm looking at the next few days as the buffer zone to undo some of the Easter damage!

I want to lose 14lbs (plus anything gained over Easter) by July. They do say that if it is gained quickly then it should come back off quickly we'll see!

Good luck with your weight loss
  • MarianneDarroch
    MarianneDarroch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouraging messages, I will leave it till the end of the week to weigh in again and up my water consumption!!
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just remember that the scale weighs everything. So, that includes your organs, bones, muscle, water, fat, and the food you've consumed. It's most likely all the food left still digesting etc.
    Don't worry about it. :)
    x
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i agree with the others. it's more than likely a combination of the rich food and the water retention. It's probably nothing that fresh water and a few good poops won't correct.

i find drinking ice water with a bit of lemon and hot ginger tea helps immensely.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 kilos and I only splurged for 3 meals, I am sure it is not fat so I am not too worried but it is despressing. Keep being good and drinking lots of water and the weight should be gone pretty quickly.