Lemon Ricotta Filled Crepe

Options
AlannaPie
AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
You can make your own crepes and freeze them. The following recipe makes 20 crepes. Each one only has 45 calories. I crave doughy carbs like crepes so this is nice for me.

* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
* 1/2 cup milk
* 3 large eggs
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus some for the pan
* 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

In a blender or food processor blend flour, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, milk, eggs, butter, and salt for 5 seconds. Turn the motor off and scrape sides down, with a rubber spatula. Transfer the batter into a bowl and let it stand, covered, for 1 hour. The batter may be made up to one day in advance.

Heat a 7 to 8-inch crepe or non-stick skillet over moderate heat until it is hot but not smoking and remove from heat. Brush the pan as necessary with butter. Stir the batter, half fill a 1/4 cup measure with it, and pour the batter into the pan. Tilt and rotate the pan quickly to cover the bottom with a thin layer of batter and return any excess batter to the bowl. Return the pan to the heat, loosen the edge of the crepe with a spatula, and cook the crepe until the under side is browned lightly. Turn the crepe, brown the other side lightly and transfer to a plate. Crepes can be made in advance, stacked, wrapped in plastic and stored refrigerated for 3 days or frozen.

-1/4 cup ricotta
-1 tsp of sugar
- lemon zest (or juice) to taste

Replies

• ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious. Thanks for the recipe.:drinker:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    oooh yummy!! Thanks, I can't wait to make these!!!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    :tongue: = drooling all over the keyboard
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I LOVE crepes, I put fresh fruit in mine or syrup but I try to stay away from the syrup as much as I can!

~Leash :heart:
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Totally yummylicious !:bigsmile: :smooched:
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    You can make your own crepes and freeze them. The following recipe makes 20 crepes. Each one only has 45 calories. I crave doughy carbs like crepes so this is nice for me.

* 1 cup all-purpose flour
    * 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
    * 1/2 cup milk
    * 3 large eggs
    * 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus some for the pan
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

In a blender or food processor blend flour, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, milk, eggs, butter, and salt for 5 seconds. Turn the motor off and scrape sides down, with a rubber spatula. Transfer the batter into a bowl and let it stand, covered, for 1 hour. The batter may be made up to one day in advance.

Heat a 7 to 8-inch crepe or non-stick skillet over moderate heat until it is hot but not smoking and remove from heat. Brush the pan as necessary with butter. Stir the batter, half fill a 1/4 cup measure with it, and pour the batter into the pan. Tilt and rotate the pan quickly to cover the bottom with a thin layer of batter and return any excess batter to the bowl. Return the pan to the heat, loosen the edge of the crepe with a spatula, and cook the crepe until the under side is browned lightly. Turn the crepe, brown the other side lightly and transfer to a plate. Crepes can be made in advance, stacked, wrapped in plastic and stored refrigerated for 3 days or frozen.

-1/4 cup ricotta
    -1 tsp of sugar
    - lemon zest (or juice) to taste

This sounds really really hard! Lol, what heat level do you usually do this on? Do you reheat the whole thing once you've made it with the filling, or can you eat them cold also? How do you store them? Do you wrap the whole thing with seran wrap and fold it?