Nearly a year in (pic heavy)

Options

Replies

• hairypete1138
    hairypete1138 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Far out that is soooo inspiring!!! Thank you!! How did you get past the bad days? What were some things that really worked for you? Congrats, awesome AWESOME effort!!

I think the biggest difference between this and when I have tried 'dieting' in the past is that I haven't let bad days put me off. I know it sounds a bit cliched, but tomorrow is another day, and if I fall off the wagon one day I just know I'll get back on it again the next. As far as things that have worked for me go, I'd say the biggest changes have been portion control (necessary for staying within my goals) and a lot more walking. All in all, it's been the little changes that have made the huge differences. I've also enjoyed the challenge of finding exciting things to cook that aren't insanely calorific, as I'm never happier than when I'm in a kitchen surrounded by pans of tasty goodness!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, very well done!
  • AvocadoPit
    AvocadoPit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation! You look great! Well done!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - and the added bonus is that you can see what a great looking guy you are!

All the best with your goal to be at target by the time your baby is born and congratulations on the baby too :smile:
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    wow, you look amazing, well done you
    xx
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow and wow again,

I'm just a few months in and basically have the same journey to do ahead of me as you have done.

Thanks for sharing,

what an inspiration.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! What a difference. Well done man - that is amazing. xx
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. You look wonderful. Thanks for the insirational post.
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good gosh almighty, you have done an excellent job - and so fast!!! You're hard work and dedication is inspiring! Thanks for telling your story!!!
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    WOW! You should be sooooo proud! You look great!
  • SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome dude! You look brand new :D
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Pete everyday that I log into MFP you continue to be an inspiration to me! I have watched you make such an amazing change over this past year. I know I still have a long way to go, but once I have healed from this surgery, I will look to you for support and inspiration!
    Best of luck to you and your wife in your amazing new future and thanks for your encouraging words, they really did help on those tough days!
    :drinker:
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    You are a machine Pete!!!!!!

You look fantastic, and will be a much healthier & active daddio! Congrats on the weight loss and on your baby to be :o)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing!
  • csw92
    csw92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Dang, that had to be a butt kicking year!

Your beard is awesome by the way...
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Looking really good! You rock!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow oh wow! Well done you! You look great! I bet you're feeling wonderful too!:flowerforyou:
  • Glassgal01
    Glassgal01 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You have done well! You look great!!
  • vegancakelady
    vegancakelady Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    absolutely amazing! Well done you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!