always tired

Options
I am always tired no matter if i sleep 12 hrs or 3 hrs i have to at least one nap a day or i feel like i cant go on with my day. what is wrong with me? im always tired and im always laying down and never have any energy.

does anyone else have this or is just me?

Replies

• nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    I am always tired no matter if i sleep 12 hrs or 3 hrs i have to at least one nap a day or i feel like i cant go on with my day. what is wrong with me? im always tired and im always laying down and never have any energy.

does anyone else have this or is just me?
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Nicole,
    I have been complaining about this to my dh since the time change back in March. I thought the time change was my problem, but after several weeks of feeling this way, I believe that I am anemic. I was diagnosed back in college, but after several changes, no problem. Now, after more changes, I'm back to this overriding fatigue that I just can't shake. I have been on an iron supplement for about a week and I believe that I am beginning to feel a difference.

If you've never been diagnosed, see your doctor for a simple blood test and he/she will let you know what to do from there. I also read that a heavy hitting foot activity, like running (which I do) can make the problem worse. So, maybe a visit to the doc would help out......GL.
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    you could need more Iron. a lot of the time when we diet or watch our calories we also miss out on a lot of the vitamins we need. Iron is a major one as far as energy. that is a big reason we get tierd when we menstrate, we loose a lot of Iron. but be careful not to take too much. read the back of the box it should let you know how much to take. :happy:
  • kriegerfamily
    Options
    I am the same way. I thought is was because of the baby but she sleeps thru the night now. I don't know what it is.:drinker:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest a doctor. There are many different things that overwhelming fatigue can be from. Anything from anemia, thyroid conditions and I am sure others can tell you too. Vitamins wouldn't hurt though.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    COULD BE DEPRESSION. SOMETIMES IT MANIFESTS ITSELF IN DIFFERENT WAYS. ACCORDING TO YOUR PROFILE YOU'RE NOT TOO HAPPY WITH YOUR WEIGHT GAIN. DEFINITELY TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!:flowerforyou:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Also...if you just started working out seriously..you're body could just be trying to recooperate from the work outs and make you feel tired. After awhile....that'll go away.
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    I know that i am low in iron but i have never been diagnosed with anemia. but i think that mayh be the problem bc ik that my ironm level is very low. and ik its not from working out a lot bc i have no energy to work out.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It is a good idea to se eyour physician. In addition to that, make sure you are eating enough. If you eat a lot of lean meats, veggies and fruits you will find you get to eat a HUGE amount of food. I tend to feel better eating this way because i am not hungry and i am getting sufficient nutrients.

Also, as strange as it may sound exercise helps to give you energy. I always feel tired the days i don't exercise, but even if i am tired i always have plenty of energy after exercising!

Good luck!