I am my own worst enemy...no more!!

Options
Let me start this in a BIG way!! May 16th Cocoa Beach Florida, on the beach at sunset, I will be marrying my best friend, the most amazing role model to my children, and the man that I love more than anything (children excluded) in this world.
That being said, I have the most amazing dress...it fits but I would like it to fit better and I would like to lose as much as I can from now until then.
I have had plans before and I never follow through...enter "I am my own worst enemy" but from today forward , I am accountable.
My plan:
Water
I HATE water, but I know I have to drink it to do this right...soooo by the time I get to work I will have had 2 cups of water...by lunch I will have had 2 more cups of water,by the time I leave another 2 -- before dinner time 2 more and then extra as I work out.
Exercise
I am the PROUD new owner of JM 30DS. I will start tomorrow and follow it for the full 30 days. Whole heartedly!!
I will continue to walk with the family every night.
I will hit the gym whenever I get the chance.(which may not be often doing the other 2 things)
Eating,
From now on I wil be very strict with my caloric intake. Watching what I take in very carefully. I can not deprive myself because when i do that I binge, but I will be happy with my choices...go the extra mile and make my lunches the night before. No more vending machine lunches....

I know I can do this...I know if I am focused enough I can accomplish my goal. I lost 23 pounds when i was focused....I can do it again!!!
So if you see me straying,,,,please push me to stay on the straight and narrow....ask questions about when I'm excercising...I wont be offended, give your honest opinion for the next 30 days...I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!
Love you all!!

Replies

• willyzification
    willyzification Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK! I hope your dreams become reality!

A good tip about drinking water is to not drink in cups (seriously!). I drink from a 600ml-1L bottle and without knowing it I end up drinking a good 3-8 bottles of water a day. (depending on the size of bottle i'm currently using) When I used to drink from cups, I found it very difficult to drink water as well, but when I started using a bottle as I'm always out and about (uni life) I realised one day that I've been drinking a crazy amount (I even use bottles at home). I'm not quite sure WHY, maybe its the way your drinking it, or ease of drinking from a bottle. WHO KNOWS, but at least I'm drinking anywhere from 2-5L of water a day so I'm happy.

Quick question though whats a JM 30DS?
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Quick question though whats a JM 30DS?

Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred. And thank you ! I do drink out of a bottle - but it still seems really hard for me...I'm not sure why. :( I'm doing ok today so far though
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

I agree with the bottle theory.

The only difference with me is I have a pint glass which I use at work.

By lunch I have usually drunk 2 pints (equal to 40ozs of water).

By the time I go home I have drunk another 2-3 so my water intake is between 80ozs and 100ozs.

I usually have a treat of a glass of diet coke with dinner and maybe another pint glass of water at home.

I don't even notice that I am drinking it half the time now as it is second nature to reach out and take a drink while at my desk.

ETA... Enjoy Jillian. I managed to do it for about 6 days before I threw my back out.

You may need to take the occasional break as it is pretty tough. But then I am not the fittest person in the world either.