Short women who exercise frequently, what's your calorie int

Options
Just curious, any other shorties out there who exercise almost daily... what is your daily calorie goal that you are steadily losing weight at? I am 5'4" and exercise daily. Just trying to get an indication of what other women like me are eating daily calorie wise.

Replies

• softgreenside
    Options
    I am 5'1 and my daily calorie intake is 1370. At first it was hard to manage now it's easier.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Just curious, any other shorties out there who exercise almost daily... what is your daily calorie goal that you are steadily losing weight at? I am 5'4" and exercise daily. Just trying to get an indication of what other women like me are eating daily calorie wise.

I'm 4ft 11.

I eat a net of 1600.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.2 115lbs (lost15) and am eating 1200 (up from 1000). If I can lost 5 more pounds, I will up it another 200. I exercise 4x's a week at the gym (weight/cardio classes, kickboxing, and step)
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I am aiming for a net intake of 1450. I go to the gym 3 times a week.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, and I was eating around 1400 and netting between 1200-1300 and losing weight, til I got to my goal weight and now I'm on maintenance cals which are 1740 I think, but I tend to still net a little lower, as I'm still a bit scared of eating my max cals! I exercise every day
  • jenkinsdeb
    Options
    Hi Im 5ft6. Im on 1200 calories a day. Some times I find that hard especially if Ive had a hard workout which is most days lol. So I sometimes have to have an extra walk to earn extra calories, to cover my intake, I hope this makes sense.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I eat 2000-2800 depending on my workouts for the day. 2000 is for a rest day. I work out 6 days a week.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    im 5'3 and right now I'm at 1200 calories but I'm sure as I gain more muscle that will slowly go up! lol
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    5'3" and I exercise daily for about 20 minutes. I try to eat 1600 calories a day but usually fall around 1300.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I eat between 1000 and 1300 daily depending on the type of exercise I'm doing. Heavy leg work I'll eat in the 1300, straight upper body and cardio, 1000 ish. I'm losing about 3lbs a week.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" - MFP has me at 1200 but I work out 6 days a week and usually eat anywhere from 1340-1600. This has worked for me!
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 2'' and I have a petite frame. I work out at least 3x a week doing strength training and the rest of the 3 days its cardio for 30 mins. my MFP is set to 1300 calories on days I dont work out but on days that I do, its 1300 +exercise calories determined by my HR. On average I try to keep it at 1400-1800 calories. My goal is to keep the weight I am currently but build more muscle. The more intense your strength training is, the more you need to feed it with good stuff like protein..
  • Carrie3B
    Carrie3B Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and weigh 110. I had my metabolic testing done a few weeks ago and was told my resting metabolic rate was 1320. I am suppose to eat a minimum of 1350 on rest days and to NET 1350 on exercise days (so I have to eat back all my exercise calories). I do bootcamp 3x a week and am training for a half marathon so I exercise 6 days a week. I got my BF% done on Friday and it was 17%.

Until my met test, I ate 1200 calories and was stuck. Now I'm giving the "eat more, lose" a good honest try!! :-)
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses ladies, confirmed what I was thinking was the right calorie range :)