bedtime snack

Options
I'm looking for a suggestion for a good evening snack on nights that I'm very close to my calorie count. I don't want to go to bed hungry but I don't want to exceed my calories for the day if I'm close to my limit. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    a quaker 90 cal. granola bar will usually do the trick for me. also some fruit, or whole wheat toast with a bit of peanut butter.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    i do cottage cheese, lower calorie, not nothing but low for the full factor and not a lot of carbs.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Yogurt or...nectarine...or fat free Fudgesicle (60 calories):drinker:
  • Cindy16978
    Options
    Great suggestions guys! I have some good ideas. Thanks so much for being there! (I"m still learning how to do all the cute graphics.)
  • missbabybee
    Options
    Try a lowfat, high protein snack like edamame. It will hold you over unti morning, and 1/4 cup is only about 50 calories! :flowerforyou:
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    -Anything with sugar will increase your snacking craving. maybe try the cottage cheese and with a 1/4 cup cooked egg white and if you need a little more one slice whole grain toast.

-even lighter, lightly buttered popcorn.

-An Apple is great cause it's filling and very good for your digestive system try it with or without a TBSP peanut butter.

- Rice cakes
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    -Anything with sugar will increase your snacking craving. maybe try the cottage cheese and with a 1/4 cup cooked egg white and if you need a little more one slice whole grain toast.

-even lighter, lightly buttered popcorn.

-An Apple is great cause it's filling and very good for your digestive system try it with or without a TBSP peanut butter.

- Rice cakes
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    special k 90 calorie bar does the trick for me
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I agree with the edamame suggestion or also try green beans. Whenever I want a small snack and I'm close to my calorie limit I have them because they are nutritious, filling with lots of fiber, and low calorie. I also think they're so delicious that I start to wonder if they're nature's little gift to me! :laugh: I usually mix in some pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or sliced almonds (all unsalted of course) and if I need more calories I melt a little mozzarella or pepperjack cheese on top!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmm... Popcorn.
  • missbabybee
    Options
    I agree with the edamame suggestion or also try green beans. Whenever I want a small snack and I'm close to my calorie limit I have them because they are nutritious, filling with lots of fiber, and low calorie. I also think they're so delicious that I start to wonder if they're nature's little gift to me! :laugh: I usually mix in some pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or sliced almonds (all unsalted of course) and if I need more calories I melt a little mozzarella or pepperjack cheese on top!

So, do you just toss the seeds in with it and eat it with a spoon? Sounds like texture heaven!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I love edamame, but read the label. Trader Joes sells a ready to eat version in their fresh veggie area, BUT it has over 300 mgs of sodium in a serving!! The only way around it is to buy the frozen ones and take the time to shell the stupid things. Phooeey:grumble:
  • missbabybee
    Options
    I love edamame, but read the label. Trader Joes sells a ready to eat version in their fresh veggie area, BUT it has over 300 mgs of sodium in a serving!! The only way around it is to buy the frozen ones and take the time to shell the stupid things. Phooeey:grumble:

Thanks for the tip. I usually buy them in the pods and cook them myself because I tend to eat them a little slower when they are in the pods...
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip. I usually buy them in the pods and cook them myself because I tend to eat them a little slower when they are in the pods...

One ofthe best things they say are nuts. Especially raw almonds, and walnuts. Don't go crazy, but with a big glass of water, they are slow to digest while you sleep, fill you up and are good fiber.:drinker: