ANYONE HERE SUFFER FROM PCOS?

Options
I may have this under wrong topic,,,,but support is always good when it comes to PCOS! And if you have it, you know it plays havoc on your body! How have you lost the weight it helped you gain? And how do you keep it off? A few years ago I lost a lot of weight and boom it came back! PCOS is EVIL in so many ways...The only thing it hasn't done to me is cause me to be diabetic. Would love to hear from other Suffering Cycters!

Replies

• DawnB86
    DawnB86 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Go to the Community tab and then choose groups. There's a support group for women with PCOS and it's great motivation:smile:

PCOS-Cysters-Losing-Together I think that's the name.
    Good luck!
  • tdj819
    tdj819 Posts: 41
    Options
    thanks for that i will seek it out!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Yep there are loads of us on here, add me as a friend if u like :) x
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I also have PCOS and get a lot of my support from there, feel free to add me!
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I do, if you want you can add me for support :)
    I have lost a lot of weight, then gained some of it back etc etc. However I seem to keep getting stuck at a certain number which my body just likes to keep my weight at. It's a struggle....... but I am determined to get it under control.
  • lesliejil4
    Options
    PCOS right here!! I just lost almost 80lbs. You can also add me as a friend and I would be more than happy to share some of my successes with you. I also have a thyroid disease which just makes the weight thing even harder for me. But, I didn't want o give myself excuses so after struggling with this a loooong time, I make some serious moves to help me...80lbs down(and I think that's it) but I feel great, look pretty good but off metformin and that's great. I still have the PCOS but now it has to fight if it wants to take back over!!!! I gave it a good a** kicking. I will offer plenty of advice but here are just the basics I tell everyone. You may already be following since you are on here so if you are, keep going and just get strict!!

1. Stop thinking Diet and start thinking lifestyle change. This way of eating, living is for life
    2. Log your food (clearly you are here for that)
    3. Exercise
    4. CONSISTENCY!!!!
    5. Be honest with yourself if it goes it your mouth, log it!! (except salad(low to no carb veggies) I'm not that strict)