Give me a break!!

milwaukeelady23
milwaukeelady23 Posts: 22
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone else have a husband that knows you are on a diet but still pigs out in front of ya? Man, it's awful. He ordered Greek takeout, a whole bunch of greek fries which are french fries with dressing and cheese and a huge chicken sandwich with feta cheese!!!! But he can do it because he is in shape.Im sticking to my guns though, I had my cinnamon toast and a pear for breakfast and some stirfry and a bit of grapefruit for lunch. Ugh, lame :)

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Good for you for being committed!:flowerforyou:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Yay, for commitment!
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    My husband went to a Burger King drive thru with me in the car and ordered himself a whopper and fries. I almost died. It always seems like they're trying to sabbotage us, doesn't it? He doesn't have much willpower when it comes to food, so he just works out harder to burn off the calories. But it makes me feel like crap when i'm sitting there chewing on carrots. :flowerforyou: They all do it, so don't feel so bad. :)
  • I guess I'm pretty lucky. My husband has been very supportive and he eats whatever I eat when we have meals together. He does all of his fried chicken, potato chip, and fast-food burger indulging when I'm at work or when he's on business traveling.

I'm glad your drive to lose weight was stronger than the aroma of Greek!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    After being here a while I don't think it will bother you that much. I couldn't care less what my husband eats. That's his problem :laugh:

Just stay committed and enjoy your stif fry.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Good for you. That has to be VERY hard. But you are strong willed, and your determination will pay off.

Gratz on that win!
  • Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    My boyfriend never puts on weight, he can eat a pizza everyday if he wants to! But I think, well just because I can't have it doesn't mean he shouldn't! It's really hard though because I LOVE pizza so much, I think it was eating pizza with him that made me fat in the first place lol! He doesn't get takeaways anymore though or eat out much because of my diet so I think. well at least he's being trying his best to help! If I know he's going to have something bad, I try to save my calories and exercise more so I can have some too!

it's my mum thats worse, whenever I see her s like "well, you have to treat yourself too even if you are on a diet" and brings out the cheesecake!!! grrr
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Yup! I love it at 10:30 at night he will ask me if he orders a pizza and breadsticks if I will eat some with him :noway: :mad: :explode: :devil: he doesnt understand why I am dieting and wishes I would just eat junk with him all day, well that would be nice if I was one of those people that never gained weight!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    My son always wants to go to a fast food restaurant when neither of us wants to cook. He's tall and skinny and can eat anything without gaining weight. He knows I have little willpower! I'm finally getting better at it though (I hope). The other night he went to Burger King and I decided to have a bowl of cereal instead. Fortunately he'll go to his room and eat. Almost every night he'll go across the street to the convenience store and get a snack. He always asks me if I want something but I think he's finally getting it that I'm serious about not eating the junk food. Last night he said he was going to get a snack and when he came back, he told me not to look as he went into his room. :laugh: :laugh: I know he's not trying to sabotage me but I wish he would start eating healthy too. It's good for him and for me.
  • Hey Thanks ladies!! :smile: Im glad I am not the only one with a husband who is a stinker:tongue: everyone is so gosh darn friendly on here. I love it!!
  • Yep, my hubby was known to order pizza right in front of me or pop a huge bowl of popcorn with a whole stick of butter melted on top. :explode: I give him a look like he has betrayed me every time. The incidents are rapidly decreasing. He is starting to like what I cook, and says it looks and tastes way better than any restaurant food. The brat has now lost 15 lbs. without even trying because of the food I am making. Now when he goes to the store and I ask him to get me a snickers bar, he tells me NO! He is finally beginning to appreciate my efforts, and is trying to support me the best he can.

Have you explained to your husband how his eating in front of you makes you feel?
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    That would be so hard!!! Good for you for having willpower!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    just think about how much healthier you will be. no one that eats crappy all the time is as healthy as they could be. don't even crave it, embrace that grapefruit!

yay commitment!:flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    My husband is big and always says he wants to lose weight and then 5 minutes later he is stuffing his face. He used to be considerate enough not to do it in front of me but now he asks if I want some!! Uggg. I have just learned to say no thanks and walk away.

Memaw
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    My hubby is very supportive, problem is his size, height etc, gives him over 1000 more calories a day than I am allotted! He buys my Greek yogurt, makes sure I have my berries, my La tortilla factory High fiber low fat Tortillas, laughing cow. but he just gets to eat more than me because he is a taller bigger person! He does try to give me chocolate and sweets, but it is because he thinks I am suffering!

Treat it like water off a ducks back! Stay dedicated! You gotta love yourself more than the food!
  • My hubby is very supportive, problem is his size, height etc, gives him over 1000 more calories a day than I am allotted! He buys my Greek yogurt, makes sure I have my berries, my La tortilla factory High fiber low fat Tortillas, laughing cow. but he just gets to eat more than me because he is a taller bigger person! He does try to give me chocolate and sweets, but it is because he thinks I am suffering!

Treat it like water off a ducks back! Stay dedicated! You gotta love yourself more than the food!

"Love yourself more than the food..."

I'm stealing that!
  • "Embrace the grapefruit" :tongue: I love it!!!!!!!!!! haha. I hear ya about loving yourself more than the food that is a great tip! Thanks all:heart:
This discussion has been closed.