New and need motivation

Options
I have Been really using this site for about a week,And i Lost five pounds, I set a Goal for my self today to walk ten thousand steps for the day, I reached my Goal and even went over by three hundred !!! I am so proud of my self. My Name is Sarah and i am a proud Mother of one boy two girls, I'm 24 years old,And am Getting Married on July 21st 2010. I have 75 pounds more to lose so that i am at my Goal weight, Not just to be married but so i can finally feel healthy and Sexy. I am over 200 pounds, And i have never been this big only when i was pregnant , I was always thin, After a week of eating right and exercise i feel 1000 times better.. I really hope i stick with this the problem is i need people who will help me be motivated I hope to meet people on this site who can help...

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    good luck mommyx3..... you can do this .......we are here for ya
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    congrats on your goal for the day ..... I am proud of you too
  • milwaukeelady23
    Options
    Hi!
    I am new to this site also, I have found just in the past 3 days how wonderful everyone on here is! You can for sure reach your goal!! I know you can do it. Stay focused! Keep me up to snuff! :happy:
  • Chickiebabe151
    Options
    This is how I look at it: You want to be skinny, that want is never going to go away. So, you can dedicate this next year to getting there by sacrificing food and torturing yourself with excersise, or you can keep puting it off and torturing yourself with guilt and shame because you are not content with your current weight. Its not going to be easy, ever...so just do it now and get it over with so you can enjoy the rest of your twenties being beautiful and sexy.

Find a picture of someone whose body you admire. Take a "fat" picture of you and put them both in your wallet. Each day look at those two pics. When you dont feel like excersising, rather than making an excuse to not do it, remember that you are doing this for you, no one is making you and if you ever want to look like that picture you need to get up and go. You always feel so much better after you do it. And anytime you want seconds, or a high calorie desert, pull out your pics and ask yourself what you want more, that food or too be thin.
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    You can do this! good - luck

261276.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • cstang
    cstang Posts: 28
    Options
    First, congratulations for finding this site. Second, you obviously want to do this because you've found this site. Now, the motivation comes from you. You have to want to do this for yourself. You have to want to feel better...healthier...thinner....for you! This site offers GREAT support and advice, but only you can stay motivated by visiting, asking questions, reading posts and logging your food and exercise. By logging what you eat, you become aware of what's going into your mouth and by seeing the nutritional value of what you're eating, you'll either feel good about it...or not. This is all you and you wanting to change your life for the better. I personally hate the word diet, so when I decided to lose the weight, I decided to change the way I live my life. I wish you lots of luck with your weight loss, and hope you use this amazing web site to help you (and motivate you) along the way!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I have Been really using this site for about a week,And i Lost five pounds, I set a Goal for my self today to walk ten thousand steps for the day, I reached my Goal and even went over by three hundred !!! I am so proud of my self. My Name is Sarah and i am a proud Mother of one boy two girls, I'm 24 years old,And am Getting Married on July 21st 2010. I have 75 pounds more to lose so that i am at my Goal weight, Not just to be married but so i can finally feel healthy and Sexy. I am over 200 pounds, And i have never been this big only when i was pregnant , I was always thin, After a week of eating right and exercise i feel 1000 times better.. I really hope i stick with this the problem is i need people who will help me be motivated I hope to meet people on this site who can help...

It wasn't that long ago when I was exactly where you are. I started out at around 250lbs, engaged and ready to make a change not just for the wedding but for my health. I was never really skinny but never really that big before either. Somehow the weight crept up on me over the years. With a lot of encouragement and support, I have changed my entire life and I feel fantastic. Besides being thrilled with the changes to my appearance (75lbs lost), I can't believe how great I feel. I am less stressed out, I can move around easier, I have a lot more energy and I hardly ever get sick! I still have about 30lbs left to reach my goal but I am more focused on fitness now rather than weightloss and I know I will get there. We are all here to help motivate you and support you. You CAN do this! Feel free to PM me any time:flowerforyou:
  • Mommyx3
    Mommyx3 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you all, I really feel so much better eating Right and, Exercise has become part of my everyday life.I feel Great i already lost 7 pounds i feel so proud of my self, My kids even help me threw it, my five and four year old will always say mommy lets dance or run, I have a very amazing family.