What is nut butter?

OK - I hope this is not a silly question. I have been looking at clean eating techniques and recipes. A lot of the meals or snacks use either Nut Butter or Almond Butter. I have seen Almond Butter in the store but not "Nut Butter." Is this just an all-natural and organic peanut butter? I am confused...

Replies

• zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Nut butter is just the generic term for all butters made from nuts - could be peanut butter, almond butter, hazlenut butter, or any other kind. My supermarket only stocks peanut, but my local health food shop has about a dozen different ones.

Oh - some (almond for instance) come in roasted or raw versions. The raw is meant to be better for you, but both taste good!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    what do you use nut butter on?
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    :laugh:
  • leamj87
    leamj87 Posts: 20 Member
    I put it in smoothies, dips, and once in a stir fry!! Usually nut butters are much less processed than Jif so they're a little bit more difficult to spread on sandwiches but if you have the patience, you can put it in anything you'd use peanut butter!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    :laugh:

^You are being immature! AND I LOVE IT! Giggity!!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    *giggles* Must.Stay.Away.From.This.Thread.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    This is a sticky topic
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    This is a sticky topic

:laugh: :laugh:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,978 Member
    This is a sticky topic
    bahahahahahahahaha
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    This is a sticky topic

WINNER!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    It's a source of a lot of protein too
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,757 Member
    It's delicious! I prefer it served warm and gooey, myself, and I prefer to lick it all up. High in protein, too!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Almond is a nut.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    This is a sticky topic

:laugh: :laugh:
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    It DOES NOT include peanut butter. Peanuts are a legume and are considered "dirty" in the food Nazi world. Nut butters is any butter made from a true nut like almond and hazelnut. I work with a nutritionist who has about beat me to death over peanut butter...she finally gave in and said it would be o.k. for me to eat chocolate almond butter.
  • lys617
    lys617 Posts: 51 Member
    Peanuts aren't nuts they're legumes, but any other nut would work.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    If you eat too much you'll get fat... don't believe me? Then go ask Tina Turner about it. She even wrote a song about having to cut down on her favorite (almond butter):

"Nut Butter, Sh!tty Limits"
  • kali2785
    kali2785 Posts: 42 Member
    butter.... from a nut... That is all..
  • saralynn594
    saralynn594 Posts: 321
    Why is it as soon as I read this title the song "jizz in my pants" started playing in my head...I should go back to bed.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 664 Member
    It's delicious! I prefer it served warm and gooey, myself, and I prefer to lick it all up. High in protein, too!

If your ever running out I know of a great vendor you can get some more from ..... and there's nothing like it when you help make a fresh batch

http://www.simplebites.net/how-to-make-nut-butters-recipe-cinnamon-walnut-butter/
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member

How YOU doin?
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    I seem to have a lot of it manufactured up!
  • msarazine
    msarazine Posts: 65
    Oh my.........
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    PEPE G.... she asked *sniker* a serious *sniker* question........ BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    girls like?
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    If you have to ask, you'll probably don't want to know.
  • zoeluiisa
    I put it in smoothies, dips, and once in a stir fry!! Usually nut butters are much less processed than Jif so they're a little bit more difficult to spread on sandwiches but if you have the patience, you can put it in anything you'd use peanut butter!

Jif is a household cleaning product* here in the UK... Guessing it's something else where you are?!

(* or was, it's Cif now)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    Tube dispensation of nut butter will make a difference for some.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • zoeluiisa
    It DOES NOT include peanut butter. Peanuts are a legume and are considered "dirty" in the food Nazi world. Nut butters is any butter made from a true nut like almond and hazelnut. I work with a nutritionist who has about beat me to death over peanut butter...she finally gave in and said it would be o.k. for me to eat chocolate almond butter.

In common parlance peanut is a nut. Even if it isn't. And your nutritionist sounds mean ;)