Finally seeing some definition in the arms!

Options
11v1hna.jpg

First picture taken 17th of February (about 213lb)
Second picture taken 10th of April (204lb)

I love my new shoulders and I can't wait to see more of Mr. Bicep and less of Mrs. Bingo Wing!

Even if the scale doesn't budge as fast, try and do as much strength as you can... It's worth it when the fat melts away and you can see all the beautiful work you've been doing underneath! I hope when I add a third picture to this, it's of my ideal arms!

Replies

• AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Your arm is definitely looking sleeker and defined. Congratulations :drinker:
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    the difference is night and day. Keep it up :)
  • CNG223
    CNG223 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    love your arms! You can definitely see how much your hard work is paying off!
  • mrswinstead
    Options
    Great work!! This is inspiring.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Definitely noticing a difference - great job. Are you just lifting? Or doing a routine?
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    GREAT pictures! I just started weight training this past week. And I had the same thoughts...when the fat melts away, I want to have something underneath that looks GOOD. Thanks for the inspiration! And keep up the great work!
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE difference! Your shoulders, especially, look great! :drinker:
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Love that picture,nice work!
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    YOU ROCK! I dislike my arms....very much! I would love to know how you did this! What exercises...how often?
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap girl!!! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Definitely noticing a difference - great job. Are you just lifting? Or doing a routine?

I did C25K (up to week 7, still can't push to a 25 minute run) and then the 30 Day Shred level one, on level 2 now.

I go to the gym 3 times a week and lift with machines (too shy to play with the boys) 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps. I lift as heavy as possible, when I can do 10 reps and not want to die, it's time to up the weight. I like to row too, a thousand meters in around 4 minutes seems to engage all my arm and back muscles to get them warmed up to lift.
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options
    Also, yoga and bodyweight resistance exercises are awesome, specially if you're still heavy like me... Lots of bodyweight to lift!
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome - and heavy lifting is definitely the way to go! Congrats on your progress so far - sounds (and looks :smile: ) like you are definitely doing the right stuff
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    I go to the gym 3 times a week and lift with machines (too shy to play with the boys) 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps. I lift as heavy as possible, when I can do 10 reps and not want to die, it's time to up the weight. I like to row too, a thousand meters in around 4 minutes seems to engage all my arm and back muscles to get them warmed up to lift.

Great job! There is a definite difference. But, try and get over that shyness, and get off the machines and onto the free weights. You will see much better results.
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB!! what a difference!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    wow! for me, this is the most exciting success story i have seen yet! wow!
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options

Great job! There is a definite difference. But, try and get over that shyness, and get off the machines and onto the free weights. You will see much better results.

Ideally I'd like a free-weight lifting gym buddy, my flatmate has no interest in free-weights but has been joining me on the machines. My cousin is an athlete, when I go home for summer I'm hoping I can persuade him to help me weight train :)
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Ideally I'd like a free-weight lifting gym buddy, my flatmate has no interest in free-weights but has been joining me on the machines. My cousin is an athlete, when I go home for summer I'm hoping I can persuade him to help me weight train :)

I use dumbbells because I train alone and feel they are the safest way to do that. Also, you can get them fairly cheap :) Thanks for sharing this! I want the same thing you want. Awesomely defined, strong arms! :flowerforyou:
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the best??? Great Job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!