Confused...

Options
Hello,

I'm totally confused right now. I have been eating pretty good for the last six months and have been working out intensively. I'm a runner and average about 10 -20 miles per week. I've noticed that my weight has stopped dropping recently. It has been fluctuating around 175. I have 5 more pounds I want to drop before I reach my goal so I'm in the last 5 pound stretch.

At work, we are all trying to loose weight and I weighed myself on the scale. I lost 4 pounds but I've actually lost only .41% body fat. Then I started thinking that maybe I'm just not getting enough calories. So I did something unthinkable, I went to McDonalds and packed on 1200 calories. This morning I woke up and lost 3.2 lbs IN MY SLEEP!!

So in a nutshell, how the hell do you loose that last 5 pounds? It makes no sense to me that I can work out like a mad man, not loose anything then go to mcdonalds and the next day be EXACTLY where I was. :)

I'm really interested to hear your stories.

Replies

• blacklily3
    Options
    Hi, I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago (since having a baby have piled some lbs back on!), I used to go to the gym everyday and do bodycombat and balance classes and when i reached my last 7lb I wasn't dropping the weight, turned out that I wasn't consuming enough calories as I was burning between 1000-1200 each day working out, so my body was storing what i ate, starvation mode. When i upped my intake I dropped my last 7lbs in a couple of weeks - although I wouldn't reccommend going to maccy d's everyday lol
  • agentvargas2012r
    Options
    thanks for the advice. I think that's the next step for me. Let's see if this works. The more I think about it, the more likely it is the case that I'm just not consuming enough calories. It's pretty challenging eating a healthy 2000 calorie diet.