NSV: SCUBA

Options
janeite1990
janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
Well, I did it! I started working out so I would be fit enough to swim 200 yards and tread water 10 minutes so I could join my husband in scuba lessons as promised. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm not a swimmer and I'm not comfortable when my feet can't touch the bottom of the pool, so it was a goal. We certified on vacation, and I loved the 70 foot dive! I'm a complete convert! And the calorie burn is incredible.

So, the NSV is that I conquered that fear, which I couldn't have without the extra strength and stamina. And the bonus: I lost a pound on vacation, despite the all food and drink inclusive resort. And oh yeah, I ate and drank!

Replies

• bondavbriwil
    bondavbriwil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good job. Its a great thing getting fit and confident enough to do things you couldnt do before. Also good job on losing weight on vacation, a very hard thing to do. lol.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I wish I lived close to the ocean. I'd go all the time!
  • rininger85
    rininger85 Posts: 131
    Options
    who needs the ocean to dive? here in michigan we dive anyplace we can find water =) our dive shop weekly fun dives start next week, we dive every wednesday from mid may to late october and usually have a good 20-30 divers show up every week... its a blast even in the frigid michigan waters =)

my girlfriend on the other hand doesn't enjoy diving in michigan quite as much as I do... she still does every now and then but not nearly as much as I do =)
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Nice work.
    Scuba works virtually every muscle in the body... it's intense. :)
  • mmessamo
    mmessamo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i just got my scuba certification last weekend, thats part of the reason i want to loose weight so that the battle with the wet suit isn't as bad!
  • rininger85
    rininger85 Posts: 131
    Options
    i just got my scuba certification last weekend, thats part of the reason i want to loose weight so that the battle with the wet suit isn't as bad!

I've noticed my wetsuit getting a little tight... I have a 3mil that is a superstretch that I can still don without help but my 7mil isnt quite as stretchy, it was tight when I bought it so I couldn't zip it myself, but now its even worse trying to have other people zip it... hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be able to fit in it and zip it myself without help =)

Congrats on getting certified, I LOVE diving, its a completely different world underwater. Dive safe =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!