Digest Diet

I just started the reader's digest diet today and I was wondering if anyone else has tried it or plans on doing it. I read the book and I like her reasoning plus I eat 1200 calories a day so I know that I am not starving my body. I was already eating around that much to lose weight anyways. I know people who have had success on the diet and I'm going to give it a go. So far I love the mexican chicken soup - not spicy enough for me though, and I loved my smoothie with banana, peanut butter, and cocoa powder.

Ready to see if I can lose the claimed 9 pounds in 3 weeks.

Replies

• adrelle
    adrelle Posts: 1
    Hi Anna. There are over 1000 people on The Digest Diet Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/digestdiet

Join us there and you can get answers to your questions as well as support from fellow dieters and The Digest Diet Editors. Look forward to seeing you there.

Adrienne Farr
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    However, self-reported use of "popular diets, liquid diets, non-prescription weight loss pills and diet foods/products" was not associated with weight loss. Co-author Dr Christina Wee, from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre in Boston, US, said: "It's very encouraging to find that most of the weight loss methods associated with success are accessible and inexpensive. "There are lots of fad diets out there as well as expensive over-the-counter medications that have not necessarily been proven to be effective, and it is important that Americans discuss product claims with their doctor before trying such products." - HuffPost
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Hi Anna. There are over 1000 people on The Digest Diet Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/digestdiet

Join us there and you can get answers to your questions as well as support from fellow dieters and The Digest Diet Editors. Look forward to seeing you there.

Adrienne Farr

First post (above) kinda looks like spam or someone trolling to get members to that FB page (beware of fake profiles--this one does not have a photo.
  • BYUBethie
    BYUBethie Posts: 4
    Adrienne Farr isn't a fake profile--she is kind of the spokeswoman for Digest Diet. Just one of their employees that did the diet and has lost 40 lbs so far doing it. She offers a lot of great advice and encouragement through the facebook site, which is where people can also post their Digest Diet questions to get feedback. It's a pretty good diet, I did the first week of it and lost 6 lbs. Two weeks later, I've kept that off but haven't had time to follow the rest of the diet. Hoping that using this tool will help keep me in its guidelines and continue to loose at a steady pace (not 6 lbs/ a week though! That was just the first week kick off phase).
  • BYUBethie
    BYUBethie Posts: 4
    Wanted to see how you are doing with this? I really like the banana chocolate smoothies too, but with avacado instead of peanut butter (makes it much thicker, creamier, smoother, etc.). Also really liked the kale soup (surprised me!), and my husband loves the tomato/basil chicken (instead of shrimp), he said it was better than olive garden! Ha :) Interested to see if more people on here are doing the diet.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,144 Member
    This whole thread looks like a promo, with the exception of Onesnap

Here's my new diet..... blah, blah, blah, and oh yeah, eat 1200 calories. lol
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    I ordered the book yesterday. I am hoping
    Fo a four day jump start and I am looking forward to trying new recipes with the kinds of ingredients I like to cook with already
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    I love the recipes. I have lost weight already. I haven't been following it perfectly but I have changed the way I eat, ie less wheat, more veg. Lots of soup I Love Squash!!! who knew?
  • ajfoyt
    ajfoyt Posts: 4 Member
    It is awesome. no promo here. Started it 2 days ago. I love most of the food and the snacks. My husband and I are both doing it and we are both losing at a healthy rate. We are never hungry and our cravings are minimal. I am encouraged enough to stick with it