In the red !!

Options
124»

Replies

• m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Again if your read what I wrote it was not just the internet but also a nutritionist and I did not get upset with anyone not agreeing it is the point of ppl swearing believe me I have some choice of words for them

me too EAT MORE PROTEIN !!!! :wink:
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You know what you ppl just want to talk *kitten*. I looked up what to much protein does (seeing I was having the same issue and was also told by a nutironist that to much protein is not good ) and all that came up was article after article about it not being good. This is why it is better not to comment on anything because there is always someone out there that thinks they know everything and want to put someone down. Also yes the morn you exercise the more protein you are allowed. But to everyone that anwsered her question in a nice way without tring to put me down thank-you. I did not know that ppl getoff talking **** on these posts

I think you missed what everyone was saying. Too much food makes you fat (and protein would be included in there - sure). But what people were saying is that the protein levels on MFP are set too low - so if you're going over them, do not worry because you're (likely) not going over a "normal" level anyway.

Going in the red doesn't mean you're eating too much protein. It means you're eating more than MFP sets. If you look at your prior post, I think you said over 30% is too much protein - MFP is lower than that, hence, going in the red, not really too much protein.

I think people got harsh because your initial comment was not well explained, and OP took it at face value. If you had said, too much protein can mean you won't lose weight, however, as long as you're eating 30% or less, you're probably ok (since everyone's body will be different), and MFP's value isn't set at that level, you would have been better received. Now you're left defending yourself with starred out curse words and claiming you have "choice words." That's silly - people just want OP to be well informed, and your post told less than 1/2 the story.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Again if your read what I wrote it was not just the internet but also a nutritionist and I did not get upset with anyone not agreeing it is the point of ppl swearing believe me I have some choice of words for them
    it is ok to be wrong sometimes. Or misinformed. And in this case, you are (not a personal attack, I'm trying to help educate you on why). You may have googled it, but there are some really important phrases/conditions about your quote (and is most likely pertinent to all the aritcles you would find).

1. First off, they are talking in excess of 30% daily protein. MFP defaults 15%, meaning they would have to be > 2x MFP's recommendation in order to make it harmful. The OP didn't give exact numbers, but that doesn't seem plausable.

2. There is a key phrase there "while increasing total caloric intake". In other words - while you are eating MORE, not LESS (most people on MFP are in a caloric deficit, not surplus).

3. They mention ONE study (not multiple) that occurred 20 years ago. This type of data fluctuates constantly (ask any nutritionist/doctor/etc.) and 20-year-old data may have been considered accurate at the time, but can constantly be debunked or re-written. More recent studies (read: plural), will speak of the BENEFITS of protein.

I could go on, but I think the point has been made, and I want to address the OP too. Going slightly over on MFP's protein (assuming default) is not a bad thing. Sugar is really dependent on lots of other factors, but IN GENERAL, if it is naturally-occuring sugars, not processed, I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are much more important factors in weight loss, and overall health
  • lucy4747
    lucy4747 Posts: 15
    Options
    :happy: which is very true and thank-you for not being rude but I really did not think I had to explain every detail but I learned today to stay off these posts because some of these ppl are extremely rude but again thank-you and have a wonderful day
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    PLEASE STOPPPPP IT, LOL. you're OKAY!

Sugar from fruit is perfectly fine.

Protein (going over) is perfectly fine.

focus on the sources of these nutrients, not the nutrients themselves. keep balance, not too much, not too little (MFP has very low settings on things like protein)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    To much protein turns into fat
    I am not sure about the sugar seeing it is from fruit

This isn't true, too many calories will turn to fat not protein. Its better to go over on protein that not get enough. If you don't get enough you will lose muscle as you lose weight. Not good.
  • 13joanne
    13joanne Posts: 59
    Options
    Thanks everyone:smile:
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Too much Protien does not turn into fat. Too much sugar does tho
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Too much Protien does not turn into fat. Too much sugar does tho

No it doesn't, the only way anything turns into body fat is if you eat more calories then your burn (caloric surplus)
  • lillawyernica
    Options
    I spoke to a nutritionist because I was concerned about consistently going over on Protein and Fiber. She said that going over on those two is not a negative, as long as I stay within my calorie range and do not go too overboard. In fact, protein and fiber help with muscle development and weight loss! The biggest things to worry about are: saturated fat, fat, sodium, calories and carbs (in that order).

MFP had my Protein goal at about 50-55g. The nutritionist said that 30% (70g for me) protein is a good level for weight loss. A person my size should not exceed 113g, but I rarely come near that!
  • jamietackett12
    Options
    protein builds muscle and without protein, well, not much muscle mass. protein curbs the appetite longer and the more muscle your body has the more calories it burns! love some chicken!
  • jamietackett12
    Options
    LMAO! love it!