30 DAY SHRED CALORIE COUNTER

Options
One thing I would have to say about myfitnesspal, is that it doesnt list a lot of my workouts I like to do. For those that do the 30 day shred-how many calories do you count for each workout? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Circuit training 20 minutes for me its like 297 it should range from 225 to 300 i think
  • NicoleLeigh26
    Options
    Ok, great. Thanks!
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    I used to just log it as 100 calories but I have upped it to 200 calories. It depends on your weight also. I'm sure I don't burn more than 200 on any of the levels.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I've read around the boards that using circuit training, general is good for 30 DS. I found, though, that it calculated more calories than my heart rate monitor showed me, so I put mine in myself. But that's because the HRM gives me a pretty accurate count of how many calories *I'm* burning... But at least you'll have a decent idea if you use circuit training, general. My burn is about 60-90 calories less than what MFP gives me if I use that, though, so you may want to keep it in mind. HTH
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    My heart rate monitor show me burning between 130- 160 per workout. I'm 111 lbs and fairly fit if that helps.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I found this formula on the Jillian Michaels site, it might help.

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out

A HRM is also a good tool.
  • skinnykimmy2013
    Options
    jm says its high impact cardio so i use that and it comes up . hope that helps
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Someone suggested somewhere to take the figure MFP gives you and subtract 30% and that gives you what is almost correct, I dont eat back all my calories so I leave it as is and count my exercise minutes only so..
  • tonid76
    tonid76 Posts: 51
    Options
    invest in a Heart Rate Monitor!! You'll be glad you did!! I promise!!
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I too log it as circuit training 25 min and i burn anywhere from 190-270. Yes, you can clearly see I try harder on some days more than others.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I used to just log it as 100 calories but I have upped it to 200 calories. It depends on your weight also. I'm sure I don't burn more than 200 on any of the levels.
    For my weight (158), according to my HRM, I burn between 175-213 so far, just on level 1. One day MFP gave me 278 for circuit training. That's kind of a big difference. lol
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The best way to get an accurate measure of the calories burned is to either use a heart rate monitor, or if your budget allows, an arm band such as Body Media Fit or Body Bugg. I have a Body Media Fit and absolutely love it. But, that being said, before I had the arm band, I would log it on MFP as Circuit Training - General for however long I worked out. I did find that the calorie count was typically higher than what I found out I was burning once I got my armband, so just make sure that if you plan to eat back most of your exercise calories, give yourself a little wiggle room at the end of the day. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I weigh 180lbs and I burn between 200 and 250 cals when I do the shred! Last time I did it, circa a week ago I burnt 234 (HRM)
  • chicas04
    chicas04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do circuit training, general, for 22 minutes and it puts it at 175 calories.
  • NicoleLeigh26
    Options
    You all are very helpful! Thank you so much!!!!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out

awesome!! thank you!!
  • cristina_marie
    Options
    Circuit training 25 minutes. The amount of calories lost depends on your weight.
  • robin49505
    robin49505 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I log 150 calories for the first level.
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    I log 150 calories for the first level.

I do the same. I initially logged it as "circuit training - general", but I felt the calorie burn listed was too high. I don't have a HRM so 150 was just an estimate based off other averages, but I just tried out the formula that someone posted -- and that came out to 150, too.

Since weight loss isn't really my main goal, I'm not too concerned if the calories aren't "exact". I just like keeping track of my time and exercise and having a "general" idea of what I'm burning/eating.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Neat, thanks! Comes up a little higher than MFP for me though logged as circuit training (140ish cals); per your calc, 162 cals for 20 min (full video is 27 min but I did NOT count warm/up and cool down). Of course a HRM is ideal, the watch-style one I had said about 120-160 cals depending on the day before it broke. With 30DS is burns so little cals I don't actively eat them back, <200 is a good safety net for the day. That would be my recommendation, log them but don’t eat them.